Sponsored

Kelvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If you're running at a ride height significantly different from when the vehicle was initially aligned, and plan to put on a lot of miles with that difference in height, it's a good idea to get the vehicle aligned.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Rivian vehicles are aligned at the "Standard" ride height. So if one were to make adjustments to ride height and stay close to that height, no alignment would be needed.

However, if you're often using the vehicle in "low" mode it would certainly pay off to get an alignment - you'll save your money back in tire life most likely!
Excited to try these out. Email sent last week inquiring. Can’t wait to get updates.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha Anis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Owners of Mountain Pass Performance
Excited to try these out. Email sent last week inquiring. Can’t wait to get updates.
Thank you Kelvn! We are working on getting this across the finish line right now and will update everyone as we go :)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You had me at metric system. I keep hoping Canada invades and fixes our weights and measures.
Yeah so about that, Canada kinda failed at metrification.
This tweeter i saw exemplifies how things work.
1712685355215-2c.png

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha Anis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is accurate, too accurate.

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha Anis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Happy to announce that we've added our first Rivian product to the website! A significant moment for all of us here no doubt, and hopefully the first of many parts!

We're currently making a run of 20 kits of these "Triple-L" height adjustment kits for beta testers, if you're interested here's the link. We'll also follow up via email with everyone who has reached out. Thanks so much for your interest!!

https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/product/rivian-r1t-lowering-leveling-lifting-kit/

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I am NOT a mechanical engineer (or better yet not a Mechanic) but couldn't you design the long straight "rod" that is the "weak point" to be detachable at BOTH ends so the week link is easily field servicable? I understand for alignment you probably only want adjustment on one end of it, but could instead of the interior side being a bigger piece with more parts, just "unpin/unscrew" long straight "rod" replace and be on your way. For an offroad vehicle the weak link should be cheap and easy to replace in the mud. Not a $500 part that is less than simple (not saying exactly difficult, just involved)

change tie rod design.jpg
Have a spare on order for $159.11

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Any chance anodized in Rivian Yellow or orange like key fob?
Hey @2023WHITE-R1S , I'm not the guy you're asking, but this feels outside of Mountain Pass' scope (they're more geared--at least looking at their website--towards performance suspension and select drivetrain parts).

That said, there are a ton of outfits who have already done what you're asking:
OpenSource EV parts if you want/are OK with a printed version (they make a compelling case that you'll get greater distance for the FOB with plastic vs aluminum) https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ey-fob-surround-in-9-colors-2-finishes.21290/ and their store is here: https://opensourceev.com/products/rangefinder-key-fob-surround

If you have a printer, you can DIY what OpenSource is offering: https://www.printables.com/model/603064-key-fob-case-for-rivian

Then there are anodized options available. I'm not sure who's making them, but all of these guys are distributing the same ones:
- https://abstractocean.com/products/key-fob-surround-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=42508175179949
- https://s00nish.com/products/key-fob-surround-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=47353158369561
- https://electruck4x4.com/products/key-fob-surround-for-rivian-r1t-r1s-1?variant=40534463053870

Or if these are outside of your price range or desired options, you could just buy a protective 'case' from Amazon: https://a.co/d/hl2Rs3Z

Maybe we need a 'catch all' thread for 'parts we want that no one is making, yet,' so we don't spam threads like these where 1- there are already plenty of options for what you're looking for and 2- aren't really within the scope of benefit that Mountain Pass could potentially offer.

Hopefully this helps!

2023WHITE-R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I was talking about the suspension parts they are making in this thread to see about having all their Rivian branded parts anodized yellow / orange instead of the traditional blue.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I was talking about the suspension parts they are making in this thread to see about having all their Rivian branded parts anodized yellow / orange instead of the traditional blue.
OH :facepalm:

Sorry about that--I saw you said 'like key fob' and interpreted as asking FOR a key fob...

Nevermind.
Carry on. I have the dumb...

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha Anis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This post should really wait until tomorrow after we've made a full pre-order page but I'm too excited not to share.

Our in-house designed truck wheel - which we've named "MEGA TERRA" (our other wheels for the Tesla Model 3 are named Mega Mesh) - have arrived and they look absolutely stunning!

These wheels are entirely designed by us specifically for the Rivian - We've purpose-formed the spoke profile to maximize strength within the constraints of the very high offset hubs and large brake calipers, all without pushing the wheel out needlessly away from the body. The wheels (as discussed earlier), are 1" wider than stock. This makes them look super tough and beefy, without adding a lot of overall section width to the tire. The overall offset is basically the same as the OE wheels.

MEGA TERRA wheels are made by Braid Motorsport in Spain - who are world experts when it comes to off-road racing wheels. They supply leading teams in WRC, Dakar, World Rally Raid and more, and have been for decades!

The tires are 275/65/20 BF Goodrich K03's and the wheels are 20 x 9.5" wide +46, and the photos below show the truck in Low mode with our "Triple-L" ride height adjusters set to +3 front and -1 rear, leveling the truck out.

Anyways - more about the specs and details on the wheels later. The purpose of this post is to tease how awesome they look. I hope you all like them as much as we do. I'm always proud to see a design come to life and look just as good (in this case better) than I had dreamed.

That being said - wheels are based on personal tastes, and these wheels are inspired by "less is more" with a bit of motorsport DNA. So surely they aren't for everyone. You won't find us putting fake beadlock profiles on wheels - EVER!

We'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. Soon (hopefully tomorrow) we'll release the pre-order page and the most important item will be for us to understand which colors you all want! I am sure this satin bronze is a winner, but the next color is up for debate!

MPP-Mega-Terra-R1T.jpg

MPP-Mega-Terra-Rivian-In-The-Wood.jpg

MPP-Mega-Terra-Bronze-2.jpg

MPP-Mega-Terra-Bronze.jpg

OP
OP
MountainPassPerformance

MountainPassPerformance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Sasha Anis
Threads