Home Charger recommendation?

teartags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T A/T
Tesla Universal seems universally liked (so clever). However, I did not want to give my money to Tesla either.
Got 2 of the Autel's and they are great. I have one for my shop and the RF card access feature is very convenient for limiting who can pull up and plug in. The Rivian key card works as the UF card too. I also like that the online access can print out charging schedule history. My business pays for my charging, but my home elec. rates are considerably cheaper than my business rates. So I can charge at home and write it off with good records. Also, if you're willing to wait a bit, they seem to go on sale frequently and you can snag a really good deal.
I picked up a use GrizzlE on CL for cheap to use at a 2nd property I have that has no internet. It's bombproof and just works.
ALL of these are hardwired mostly "outside". 1 Autel and the GrizzlE live in a box with a cover, but completely exposed and the other Autel lives in the back of an open shed where I park at home. They have all worked as expected even under 0 deg. temps.
Sponsored

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

This topic gets posted every week. Rivian charger working great for me ~12 months. Only issue was when we first hooked it up, we didn't have a 60A breaker available so hooked it up with a 50A and set the charger DIP switches to 40A. After replacing the 50A breaker with the 60A and setting the charger DIP switches to 48A, it stayed stuck at 40A. Apparently this is common with the Rivian unit. Had to open a ticket and have them push the change to the unit over WiFi. Simply setting the DIP switches didn't do it.

There've been quite a few threads on this, apparently it's some "extreme" interpretation of electrical code. YMMV, otherwise the charger is great but as others have mentioned it doesn't have many of the more advanced features.
Hey I’m curious if the Rivian charge shows a history of past charge seasons that shows how many KWh were delivered. Does it give you the ability to see a summary of kWh by month? For example here is what data I can see on my ChargePoint. I have a Rivian wall charger I haven’t installed yet, I’d like to have a second, but also want to be able to monitor how many kWh are used each month.
Rivian R1T R1S Home Charger recommendation? IMG_4350