OP
OP
TexasCrane

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Just received an email from TuneIn that they’ve cancelled my subscription. I don’t think it’s malicious, I think that their Rivian app just isn’t fully baked in terms of how it hooks into their account management system.
Sponsored

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

This reminds me, I wish there were a way to enable/disable options on the music menu. Getting rid of icons for services that one doesn't use, would be a nice improvement especially if they plan to add Apple Music, Sirius etc.. and further crowd the screen.

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Also got stuck in the infinite loop of contact support and use the web.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I just got an email saying my subscription will automatically renew in a week. I clicked on the link and cancelled. Easy.

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

To unsubscribe log in to your TuneIn account from any web browser and visit https://tunein.com/payment(or go to My Account > Settings > Subscriptions). Then click on “Cancel Subscription” and then click “Complete Cancellation.” this worked for me. It was from Ti customer service.

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
They never got back to me but I checked the subscription status on the website and it shows cancelled as of 3/28/24 which is the renewal date.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
To unsubscribe log in to your TuneIn account from any web browser and visit https://tunein.com/payment(or go to My Account > Settings > Subscriptions). Then click on “Cancel Subscription” and then click “Complete Cancellation.” this worked for me. It was from Ti customer service.
This is what I just did. Ezpz.

sd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250, Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Looks like TuneIn added back the option to unsubscribe in Settings->Subscription.
It wasn't there a few days ago. I had to cancel mine by emailing customer service.

OP
OP
TexasCrane

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
The reason for this thread was that this didn’t work for myself and others. I suspect they may have fixed this in the past day after receiving a number of contacts from folks that signed up through the in-vehicle Rivian trial flow.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
After you unsubscribe, do you have access to free (with commercials) Tune-In?

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Happy they fixed this, I was stuck emailing them but now it is a breeze to cancel online.
Will miss this a bit but too similar to Spotify

Darkon

First Name
Christophe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37x
I am pissed at Rivian for giving TuneIn my Credit card info. Yes I am sure I "agreed" to it, it was somewhere in the agreement, still that was shady. Now I have to battle TuneIn to get my $99 back.

And because I never sign up for it, I do not have an account to log in and cancel. Freaking annoying.

Weeyam eyesore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford maverick
Occupation
Working
I actually enjoyed TuneIn. I was hoping when I cancelled they would cut me a deal to extend the service. But they didn’t lol. Oh well

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I am pissed at Rivian for giving TuneIn my Credit card info. Yes I am sure I "agreed" to it, it was somewhere in the agreement, still that was shady. Now I have to battle TuneIn to get my $99 back.

And because I never sign up for it, I do not have an account to log in and cancel. Freaking annoying.
Well it was YOU who signed up for it, not Rivian. YOU had to take positive steps in your car to sign up for the trial version. Nothing "shady" or hidden about it. You can't use the TuneIn app without signing into the app.

You didn't have to sign up for the free trial and give them your credit card. I'm using the free version (not free "trial") of TuneIn in my Rivian, and have been since 2022, and so I have never needed to enter my credit card and have never been charged.

You, like me, probably had to set up TuneIn twice: Once when you got the vehicle and once after the 2023.10.0 software update. https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ein-with-the-2023-10-0-software-update.13873/

Like almost all free trials, they take your credit card information and tell you that if you don't cancel before the free trial ends then you will be charged to continue using the service. Rivian didn't give them your credit card info - you did.
Sponsored

Last edited: