Sponsored

How do I cancel TuneIn?

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
So I got an e-mail tonight that my TuneIn free trial was ending and starting next week, I would be charged $10 per month. I guess I must have done the 1-year free trial. When I log into their website, I can see Rivian listed under devices. When I click on the subscription button, it tells me I'm subscribed to premium and to contact support for more information about my subscription. The support site says to use the website to cancel (not an option for me as far as I can tell). I tried logging in via apple per their other directions, but I don't see an apple subscription for TuneIn so I can't cancel that way.

There doesn't appear to be a way to call them. My guess is that I've fallen into some weird loophole because I signed up via the Rivian infotainment screen using apple log-in on my phone. This is very frustrating. I even downloaded the ios app and found a button to delete my account. But it says deleting my account won't cancel my subscription... wtf? Anybody else experienced this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

mountainman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Reset your password using the email from your Apple ID. Then log in with that email/password combo (NOT using Apple login). Then you should be able to see your subscription options.

OP
OP
TexasCrane

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. I reset the password and logged in using my e-mail/pw but I'm still seeing this screen on the subscription page. I've e-mailed their support to see if they can cancel it.

Rivian R1T R1S How do I cancel TuneIn? Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 8.52.38 PM

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is the subscription handled inside your apple account somehow? Don't remember how apple handles that stuff.

OP
OP
TexasCrane

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Is the subscription handled inside your apple account somehow? Don't remember how apple handles that stuff.
Nope, that was one of the first places I checked. Apple has a central place for managing all subscriptions. No TuneIn listed there unfortunately.

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Same problem. I emailed support and they told me to use the website. I explained that the website said to contact them. We are now at an impasse.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Same happened to me - I contacted [email protected] and sent them a pic of the message that said to contact support. They said they’d cancel my subscription on their end; guess we’ll see.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Same thing here and I don't use apple for anything. They said to use the website, I told them I couldn't and sent a screenshot and they said they escalated it to a supervisor. About 2 days later I got an email saying they were sorry and cancelled my premium subscription.

Anything is before I even got the email that they canceled I was getting alerts from the TuneIn app on my phone to come back for just $5.99.

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Same issue here. I can't remember how I got the free trial but believe it was through Rivian. It doesn't show up in any of my Apple or Amazon subscriptions. I have sent emails to Tunein's support. So frustrating that they make it difficult to cancel. I will never trust them again.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Hmm, so I've had a tune in premium subscription for years (not from Rivian) and yeah, it seems they removed the ability to cancel from their website.

Sad when companies do this type of crap.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I don't think it is a slight of hand on the part of Tune In, I just think it isn't setup for the promotion they do and there is an issue linking the way we subscribed to the account. Not pleasant, but not Sirius xm or comcast level of difficulty to cancel

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

I don't think it is a slight of hand on the part of Tune In, I just think it isn't setup for the promotion they do and there is an issue linking the way we subscribed to the account. Not pleasant, but not Sirius xm or comcast level of difficulty to cancel
I doubt this is a mistake. They have intentionally removed the ability to cancel from the website and app. Even though they cancelled after you sent them an email, they are probably counting on the fact that most people will not contact them in time to cancel and will be charged for the monthly premium.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Dispute the charge on your CC? Kind of extreme, but if the company doesn't give you any other way... 🤷

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I got another response from TuneIn support informing me that they've escalated the issue to the technical team and we're awaiting to hear back from them now.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Do they just charge the card in your Rivian account or did you all sign up with TuneIn separately?
Sponsored