Sponsored

How do I take my phone out of the Rivian while leaving passengers inside?

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

My wife has PAAK enabled on her phone. If I leave, my truck sees her continuing to sit there and continues to 'run.'
My wife has PAAK, but she kills the app any time she's not driving, so it still doesn't recognize her. I told her that's on her for killing the app.
Sponsored

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

I've never had any issues with climate or radio staying on when leaving passengers in the car. Even for 30+ minutes.
Same, this happens to me all the time. The radio turns off momentarily when you exit but then turns back on. Maybe this person's passenger isn't buckled or something.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
In safe situations such as getting out to get the mail from the mailbox with my phone in my pocket.. I will leave the driver's door open just a crack.. it keeps everything on and doesn't lock.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Theres some buttons on the door for fresh air while you get your coffee. Hopefully she survived you being home that long

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Seems odd to have to use that pedal on the floor to the left of the accelerator. Get out, start to walk away. Wife barks at me to lock the doors. Push button on fob. Door won't lock because I didn't turn off the engine by pushing the Power button.
Same. Occasionally drive the wife's car. It seems so pedestrian to have to use a brake pedal, or turn a key to turn the vehicle off now. A couple times I've gotten out and left it running, haha. 😆

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I usually use the Pet Mode. It is quick and easy. The door will lock (which is a security measure in some area) but everything inside the car is normal as your key is inside. The door will unlock when you near the car.
Sponsored