How to use Alexa for Spotify Integration

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My kids love to request songs from the backseat so maybe it's all for the best that it doesn't work right. "Alexa, please play Kidz Bopp"
You can disable the wake word. Even with the wake word disabled, you can still summon Alexa by long-pressing the left scroll wheel.
Sponsored

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I’m a little confused on how you guys are getting Amazon HD on your R1T’s. Right now I am using Spotify and Tunein. I have Spotify Premium but I am used to Tidal HD on my Tesla. Are you someone getting HD quality music on your Rivian from Amazon HD? I don’t have a subscription but would sign up for HD quality. How does it work?

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I have Spotify Premium....
Back last year when Rivian was talking about Spotify integration with the R1's, I just assumed we'd be getting Spotify Premium or some version of that as part of our Rivian Membership. I'm underwhelmed by Spotify service in my truck, certainly isn't making me want to drop Apple music, stop using Overcast, Audible, etc. Am I missing some sign up procedure or something?

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Back last year when Rivian was talking about Spotify integration with the R1's, I just assumed we'd be getting Spotify Premium or some version of that as part of our Rivian Membership. I'm underwhelmed by Spotify service in my truck, certainly isn't making me want to drop Apple music, stop using Overcast, Audible, etc. Am I missing some sign up procedure or something?
You have to log into a personal spotify account in the R1T... So if you want, you can upgrade to Spotify Premium on that account. You can do so at www.spotify.com. Personally, I think it's a waste of money, since the audio quality is garbage and I can't get Alexa to work with Spotify, anyway.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Are you someone getting HD quality music on your Rivian from Amazon HD? I don’t have a subscription but would sign up for HD quality. How does it work?
I think we need to que @godfodder0901 for this question, as he states Amazon Ultra HD is 10x better sound quality over Spotify...

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I think we need to que @godfodder0901 for this question, as he states Amazon Ultra HD is 10x better sound quality over Spotify...
While it is actually impossible to verify the actual bitrate/quality of the Amazon HD stream, I can 100% confirm that the exact same song played on Spotify Premium in 'Very High' through the integrated Spotify app sounds significantly inferior to that same song played through Alexa (NOT Bluetooth through the phone, but the in-vehicle Alexa). I have the HD premium (or whatever Amazon calls it) and have access to Ultra HD and Atmos formats but, again, there is no way the set or verify the bitrate or quality of the stream Alexa plays.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
You have to log into a personal spotify account in the R1T...
OK. Thanks. I did do that. Was hoping something better was part of my Rivian membership. Something that at least hinted it could be a viable replacement for using CarPlay for music and podcasts. Wishful thinking that I was missing something.......

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I also can’t get Alexa to play anything on Spotify. It actually used to work but now when I ask to play a song on Spotify it says something like “You need to update your Spotify App when it is safe to do so”. I have Spotify premium and everything linked. I don’t get it.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I also can’t get Alexa to play anything on Spotify. It actually used to work but now when I ask to play a song on Spotify it says something like “You need to update your Spotify App when it is safe to do so”. I have Spotify premium and everything linked. I don’t get it.
It stopped working with the last Rivian update. I have premium as well. Previously, Alexa would play an individual song, or a playlist from Spotify. Now it says you can only do this with Amazon Music. Hopefully this next update will have a fix.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
@godfodder0901 am I right to speculate with the introduction of Tidal in the coming update we should see a native lossless HIFI option instead of only Alexa Amazon Music HD?

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@godfodder0901 am I right to speculate with the introduction of Tidal in the coming update we should see a native lossless HIFI option instead of only Alexa Amazon Music HD?
I would imagine so, based on the capabilities of the Tidal platform. And to be fair, we don't know definitively that using Alexa for Amazon Music results in HD or Ultra HD bitrate.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Solution: Fire Alexa until she's ready to take the job seriously.
Sponsored