Sponsored

I thought EV's were supposed to be quite. @RJ ARE YOU HEARING THIS ****??? This car sounds like its gonna hit Mach 9 when you switch on the AC

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@RJ ARE YOU HEARING THIS SHIT???

This is the exact AC noise everyone is talking about at full load. You can see the compressor in action screaming HOLD ON DEAR LIFE - HODL

Is this what you had in mind when you designed the HVAC and hiked up the prices $20,000??

The vibrations in the pedals and floor pan don't really help sell the story that EV's are quieter than ICE.

Edit: @screamingkarts has created a document to help collect affected vins. Please add you car to this form.

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMOQRV8auC-axEjcjtoy4Zm3wxX656wr0SVj76Gz0AJGY_3w/viewform

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...you-switch-on-the-ac.16205/page-6#post-352149

Sponsored

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is this what you had in mind when you designed the HVAC and hiked up the prices $20,000??
Obviously they had to spend another $20,000 to make it this loud. :rolleyes:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree that Rivian needs to fix these AC compressors, but I truly hate the social media/ forum shouting as a communication method.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I agree that Rivian needs to fix these AC compressors, but I truly hate the social media/ forum shouting as a communication method.

You have 2 options as a buyer. First is to speak with your wallet by returning within 7 days or not taking delivery.

The second option is you accept this Weedwacker and work with Rivian to be their guinea pig, which might result in you venting to social media when you have tickets after tickets with no resolution.

As an investor, I want this known ASAP and addressed with some sort of campaign. Just telling me this is normal behavior is seriously asking me to open my short position back up on Rivian after earnings pump.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Turn up the stereo to drown it out. Problem solved.

How about we address the root cause instead of using band-aids or crutches.

I can speak with my wallet and reject delivery, return the vehicle or flip it. That does not help Rivian grow as a company.

So how about we address the issue instead of acting like the elephant in the room does not exist.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They likely got a bad batch of compressors. Now they need to find solution and deploy.

It would just help I suspect alot if the service team was capable of deploying acknowledgement of issue and then that the issue is being worked on. Instead the early individuals who report the issues feel left in dark and potentially that they will be stuck with no solution.

Tahoe Man

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
How about we address the root cause instead of using band-aids or crutches.

I can speak with my wallet and reject delivery, return the vehicle or flip it. That does not help Rivian grow as a company.

So how about we address the issue instead of acting like the elephant in the room does not exist.
Agree 100%, the issue is the fanboys that would post similar silly reply give Rivian another pass at QC.

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I'd ask the Service Center to park another Rivian next to yours and turn both ACs on and see if they hear a difference. Yours does not sound normal.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'd ask the Service Center to park another Rivian next to yours and turn both ACs on and see if they hear a difference. Yours does not sound normal.
Don’t even ask about the vibrations in the pedal and floor pan. I seriously think I have a v10 under the hood. It has the power and numbers to back it up.

the jet engine noise is now complimentary. Next time I line up at the track for pink slips and they make fun of how quiet my EV is, I’ll just turn the AC on and they’ll want to see what I’m packing under the hood

DallasBBQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender 110 Dynamic X, R1S

I understand but what would you do if you had the issue and RIvian kept saying "vehicle is operating as designed" as their response? I've had my R1S in twice for this issue. Both times they stated working as designed. I told them to keep it until fixed. They called me back and threatened to start charging me storage fees if I didn't come get the vehicle.

Fclmd

First Name
Fawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Kia Telluride
Clubs

@RJ ARE YOU HEARING THIS SHIT???

This is the exact AC noise everyone is talking about at full load. You can see the compressor in action screaming HOLD ON DEAR LIFE - HODL

Mine too - and I can feel the noise in the steering wheel. I have an appointment with a repair center next week. Hope they can fix it.

AND- when the Rivian delivery lady says that you can accept your new vehicle (which has been on order for 3 years) with whatever issue you have noticed, then just place a ticket and the local mobile repair person will come fix it… Don’t believe her!
Sponsored