Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

My wife and I are shopping around too, as our current insurance for everything is terminating coverage in Washington starting in June. That was a nice surprise a week and a half after getting our R1T...

We couldn't get Geico to quote us a bundle for home/auto/RV - how did you pull that off? Or did they give you individual quotes then a bundle discount?
Individual. Home policy is underwritten by Travelers. The only thing I don't like is that I can't make modifications to my policy online (I can only view). I have to call in for everything.
Sponsored

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

AAA.

Had Geico a few years ago but when I got the R1S they wanted a huge increase.

I shopped around with at least 5 different carriers and moved away from Geico and ended up with Mercury.

This year at renewal Mercury wanted so much more so I had to shop around again and got ~5 quotes. Had to Bundle home + Umbrella but was able to get 4.7k / year cheaper than my current insurance with same limits/deductibles/etc.

when shopping around Geico was still cheaper than my current provider but wanted me to jump additional hoops to issue the policy. Did not think the effort was worth $300 bucks savings.

so AAA for the next 12 months. Then we will see.

TLDR : It pays to shop around !!

Last edited:

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

I’m in GA, getting a R1S. Who are you using for insurance? Trying to find a good bundle if I can.
USAA
only slightly more than my used F150

Midnight2024

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Medicine
I’m in GA, getting a R1S. Who are you using for insurance? Trying to find a good bundle if I can.
I’m using Pure Insurance. Rivian’s insurance department and finance department are in name only. Did much better with Pure and bank of America

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have State Farm for a long time. My Rivian R1S portion just renewed and I found the premium had doubled. I guess SF found out that it is very expensive to fix a Rivian as of now. So I have $500 deductible and was paying $1k/year but now is $2k/year. :(
Sponsored