First Name
Nelida
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 rivian R1S
Occupation
Realtor
Upsetting report about how invasive insurance companies are with regard to driver data. I wonder if Rivian sells data on "acceleration events." GM obviously does.

1710163139960.png
1710163166518.png
I checked my VIN on the website-stated Rivian does not share data
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Just because you have an “acceleration event” or “braking event” doesn’t mean you’re a bad driver.

As if insurance companies really ever needed reasons to increase rates even more. :rolleyes:
Try explaining that to some low level CS rep at your ins. co

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Just submitted a request for my data. It's my understanding that in California that insurance companies can't use driving data to determine rates (but I could be wrong). Will be interesting to see what they have on me. Note, you can also request to delete all of your personal data or to not share your data that Lexisnexis has.

Here's the URL to submit the request ... https://consumer.risk.lexisnexis.com/request
I received a letter from Lexis Nexis today with a link to download my report. It's quite long with every historical phone number, address, email address, credit inquiry, loan and recent insurance claim (glass chip repair). I can confirm that there is no driving data from Rivian (or Lucid) in my report.