Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I wasn’t really sure where to put this video, but figured this is thread is better than any. Love seeing this many Rivians!

This was taken at the gaithersberg service center last week. They had my truck for about two weeks and really did a great job!

MD rivian service center
Nice!

I wish some of those were loaners--got my email that I have an Enterprise rental waiting for me Monday :(
Sponsored

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mentioned that my front tires were 10/32nds, and rear were 12/32nds. "Basically like new",
I would have to disagree with regards to the front tread wear, 10/32 is 30% worn.
With the latest update it is now clear why the fronts wear quicker than the rears.
With 12k miles mine were 8/32 & 10/32 with lots of towing & mtn driving.

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S
I hope Rivian is paying attention. I really don’t want to spend $2600 on tires every year (29k miles. 2 rotations. 11 months).

IMG_5367.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5370.jpeg
Looks to me that you have an alignment issue.

The third pic … is that a rear tire with same milage as the ones in the first two pics?

If yes, do you use conserve a lot?

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I had my 21”s rotated at 5k, went for 10k rotation and the fronts were at the wear bar, the rears had some life left. The owner of the tire place said that he sees the same thing with many teslas that come in.

Superdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Construction
Looks to me that you have an alignment issue.

The third pic … is that a rear tire with same milage as the ones in the first two pics?

If yes, do you use conserve a lot?
Same mileage in first two photos. Third photo is a shot of the brand new Michelin defender ltx m/s2’s I had installed Friday.
I agree on potential alignment issue. Will be getting it checked at next service appt.

I use all purpose in auto 85% of the time. Sport 10% and conserve maybe 5% on highways only.

Sponsored

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
I'm going in for a laundry-list of items.

The one that I think will require me to leave it for an appreciable amount of time: my rear passenger door handle isn't completely affixed to the door (been that way since delivery). I had a mobile tech out almost 6 months ago now who confirmed that the welds either never took or were never applied to the rear portion of the bracket that holds the door handle cup to the door. Suffice to say, he couldn't fix it and it will likely need to go somewhere that can perform body work (unless the SC is just going to JB Weld it to the inside of the door panel?).

Otherwise:
- I have a loose piece of window molding (on the same door).
- Wind whistle over ~50 (climate depending)
- An occasional 'clunk' when heavily accelerating while turning.
- My drivers front quarter panel keeps swelling out (also climate dependent). Right now it looks great, but I have several photos of it bulging out from the vehicle, so I think there is some odd swelling going on with whatever gaskets are under there.
- And the windshield wiper-could-cut-the-wire-harness recall

99% certain my truck was built on a Friday at 450PM...
😐

jlstan

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang GT
Apologies for the zombie thread but has anyone gotten a rotation in NoVA? My driveway isnt flat enough for mobile, and I’d rather not wait for Gaithersburg or drive to Richmond if I can help. Closest Discount tire is, I think, Fredericksburg which is nuts.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

tire wear is a thing on all EVs, not just Rivian due to extreme weight and torque. will be even more if you use conserve mode a lot.
Sponsored