kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That reminds me. We had a small Minnesota road trip over the holidays and passed a good number of full sized trucks in transport. None of them. Had extra protection. Meanwhile there was protection on the hood of a less expensive car I saw the other day and rhe Lucid we've all seen looked like a Christmas present I would have wrapped as a kid (lots of tape and several pieces of wrapping paper).

Point being, each manufacturer seems to do things a bit different.
Yea I have seen different ways too, IDK typically anything north of 70k+ I see with more paint protection but I guess that is more waste as that plastic is just thrown away in most cases and more and more places stop taking soft plastics.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yea I have seen different ways too, IDK typically anything north of 70k+ I see with more paint protection but I guess that is more waste as that plastic is just thrown away in most cases and more and more places stop taking soft plastics.
70k is the new 40k.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Avoiding waste plastic sounds very Rivian.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I know of 3 deliveries in the Portland, OR area and one in Bend.
None are to people active on this forum (nor are they employees).

Don't want to spoil the negative vibes, so I'll step out. Carry on.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

You know 4 people that got a Rivian?!? I barely know 4 people that know what Rivian is!

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm

Great news. Any idea of the lead time from notification of a pending delivery to when they actually received there vehicle?

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Bloomington does not handle snow well. I've been down for Christmas many times and when there is 2+" of snow people are all in ditches.
Well hopefully that will change now that they are all Rivian employees driving vehicles that can handle the weather. :)

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
It'd be really cool if your friend/acquaintance would let the handful of folks here in Bend take a look their truck!

(Well, apparently the number has climbed since I last looked and there are now more than a handful in Bend. I counted 12 but could be more since some members may have just stated "Oregon" as their location.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I would think the dozen or so trucks I've posted pictures of hauling R1T's would take no more than 5 days for a cross country haul (though, illinois is fairly central so maybe less). For the sake of conservatism, I'll assume 5 days of travel time, and 2 days for inexerienced service staff to properly QC the vehicles prior to signing off on the vehicle for a delivery. Then Rivian Central presumably takes a day to get into their, identify the individual in the service area who's turn it is for that particular spec and turns on the delivery features in the app for that person's username. So my point is, theres still time left for jan/feb windowee's to get some good news. I would think that end of next week is the squeal point. If @godfodder0901 et al. don't hear something by next week, I'd guess they've slipped again.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I would think the dozen or so trucks I've posted pictures of hauling R1T's would take no more than 5 days for a cross country haul (though, illinois is fairly central so maybe less). For the sake conservatism, I'll assume 5 days of travel time, and 2 days for inexerienced service staff to properly QC the vehicles prior to signing off on the vehicle for a delivery. The Rivian Central presumably takes a day to get into their, identify the individual in the service area who's turn it is for that particular spec and turns on the delivery features in the app for that person's username. So my point is, theres still time left for jan/feb windowee's to get some good news. I would think that end of next week is the squeal point. If @godfodder0901 et al. don't hear something by next week, I'd guess they've slipped again.

I still find it weird I am assuming there is no real notification or heads up saying your vehicle will be here in like 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, etc. I think @Iwantatesla said his window for notification was very short or something along those lines.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I still find it weird I am assuming there is no real notification or heads up saying your vehicle will be here in like 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week, etc. I think @Iwantatesla said his window for notification was very short or something along those lines.
My guess is that they are very averse to doing that lest it be interpreted as a hard delivery date and they be rolled for not meeting it. I've got the sense from the few official communications that we've received since last summers intial guide contacts, that they obviously think (internally) they screwed up by pulling that trigger too soon, and its fairly obvious how risk averse the c suite is.
Sponsored