Kneel Mode doesn't work on an incline?

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Small trick I tried today, put truck in park just before entering your driveway. Let it go low rider, then pull in.

Easier than switching menus. Proves its not geo locked but it’s incline based.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Small trick I tried today, put truck in park just before entering your driveway. Let it go low rider, then pull in.

Easier than switching menus. Proves its not geo locked but it’s incline based.
Hmm, strange work around. I live on a narrow, busy hilly street around a blind corner, so that would not work for me. Kneel mode works when I park on a steep hill in San Francisco, so I think it is a glitch with geo-fencing.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I believe this is a bug. My partner's driveway is fairly angled and kneel mode used to work just fine in their driveway prior to the last update. Now it won't kneel in their driveway. This tells me it's a bug, not by design, but maybe they've had issues with kneel on inclines given that the truck also tries to level itself at times.

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
I have found kneel to be inconsistent. Same location at times it does not engage. My elderly Mother's driveway has a slope and kneel will work sometimes and not other times.

Separately, yet relevant to inconsistencies, roomy entry/exit at times doesn't work or if it does, the seating position will not restore as it should once I'm seated and ready to go.

I'm assuming software bugs, and likely a restart needed often, until they work out the kinks. I won't list them all here and bore you, yet I notice many, often.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I have found kneel to be inconsistent. Same location at times it does not engage. My elderly Mother's driveway has a slope and kneel will work sometimes and not other times.

Separately, yet relevant to inconsistencies, roomy entry/exit at times doesn't work or if it does, the seating position will not restore as it should once I'm seated and ready to go.

I'm assuming software bugs, and likely a restart needed often, until they work out the kinks. I won't list them all here and bore you, yet I notice many, often.
I haven't been able to use Roomy E/E ever. Still waiting for calibration.

Sponsored

Horseytime

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LA Silver 20" AT- Launch Edition
OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Sheesh. That sucks. Calibration of the seats?
Yup, something related to the last update. Can't save seat or steering wheel adjustments either. Apparently it's a mobile appointment for software update.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Another inclined kneel mode weird observation:

When charging at work, the truck is inclined “nose down”. It does kneel when parked. But I get a goofy error when reversing that says “truck is adjusting height. Stop movement to prevent damage”. It can’t exit kneel on a nose down incline without complaint.

I’m like “dammit Gary, get it together bro. You change ride height all the time, why is it a problem now?”

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
BTW where does one file bugs like this against the software? I feel weird entering a “service request” for it. But customer service email basically told me to send stuff like this to service.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I also get that warning message when starting driving sometimes. I guess they recommend not moving when the air suspension is raising from a low position or at low speeds. Never a problem when raising from a lowered highway speed stance to an offramp.

My work around has been to just manually lower after I park in my driveway, then manually raise to auto once i'm moving on a smooth road.

I filed a service complaint / request for the kneel mode issue. Just call them, they are pretty responsive and friendly.

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
How does one file a software bug? I emailed Customer Service and they told me to file it under service using the app.

Got a call from service to schedule an appointment to look at it. I’m not driving 6hr round trip for what we all know is a software bug!

Maybe Rivian has already decided we have to pay a subscription for “Inclined Driveway Home Kneel Mode”?

Feature is fuct

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

How does one file a software bug? I emailed Customer Service and they told me to file it under service using the app.

Got a call from service to schedule an appointment to look at it. I’m not driving 6hr round trip for what we all know is a software bug!

Maybe Rivian has already decided we have to pay a subscription for “Inclined Driveway Home Kneel Mode”?

Feature is fuct
File it under a service ticket, and when service contacts you about it, tell them it’s a widely known error happening to many owners and need to be forwarded to the software team. I’d also recommend sending your issue to the customer service department as well so they can work it in parallel. If customer service tries to tell you, it’s a service issue, tell them it’s not and tell them it’s a software issue, and I need to be forwarded to the software team.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
It’s worse than I thought.

Just tried my Life Hack of entering kneel mode on the flat road before entering my driveway. That worked - proving its not alone a geo-fencing problem.

But when I went into park in my drive way, I got out and heard the compressor running. The truck was raising itself back up to normal height!

It UNDOES the kneel on an incline!

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
So I’ve confirmed with Service Center that kneel mode is disabled on greater than 10.5 grade or 6 degrees.

My driveway is, you can guess, 6.5 degrees as measured by my phone’s level.

The feature is only useful 50% of the time for me due to 0.5 degrees of additional incline.

Apparently the angle is thresholded to prevent accidental skids. No idea how 0.5 degrees is going to cause the truck to skid out of my driveway when it’s 60 degrees above freezing.

At least I know my truck isn’t broken and it’s intentional. Sux though. I’m short.

OP
OP

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
So I’ve confirmed with Service Center that kneel mode is disabled on greater than 10.5 grade or 6 degrees.
Damn, that sucks. I don't see how the taller height prevents sliding down an icy driveway. You'd think lower is better. Wish it could be disabled or used in conjunction with a freezing temperature check.
Sponsored