First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
New Gen2 R1S arrived Friday. How does one leave doors unlocked at a location othet than your home? If you have proximity sensor on your phone (again outside your home where I have it shut off) and you want to leave unlocked so folks can load or u load the car, how can you do that? If you walk away with the phone outside your primary home, the doors lock in 16 seconds. If your wife wants to head back to the car without your phone or key card, it's locked for me.
Sponsored

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
...If your wife wants to head back to the car without your phone or key card, it's locked for me.
Just maybe you would consider adding your wife's phone as a key. I'm not saying you need to let her drive it or anything, but she could put stuff in it! 😉

OP
OP

BearMan123

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Ha! I did. Can one have more than one home set in Navigation?

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
New Gen2 R1S arrived Friday. How does one leave doors unlocked at a location othet than your home? If you have proximity sensor on your phone (again outside your home where I have it shut off) and you want to leave unlocked so folks can load or u load the car, how can you do that? If you walk away with the phone outside your primary home, the doors lock in 16 seconds. If your wife wants to head back to the car without your phone or key card, it's locked for me.
What if you manually unlock the car (w/phone, fob, or whatever) after the proximity feature has locked It and you have walked away. Will it then stay unlocked? I seem to remember trying this once, but maybe it was a dream 🥴

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Pretty sure if you manually unlock it it stays unlocked.

You can also unlock with the key card, it will not automatically lock.

There is also the option to put it in carwash mode, to me this is the best option as it does not leave the handles out so looks locked to people passing by.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
If you unlock from the app from outside the range of proximity sensors, it will stay unlocked, BUT, you must disable the auto-relock feature, which would otherwise relock the doors if none were opened following the unlock command.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If I know I'm headed back right away, I just don't close my door all the way. If I'm out camping I stick it into camp courtesy mode which disables the auto locking

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Leave the door ajar (my choice mostly).

Re-unlock with the app after it locks.