Sponsored

Let's talk Tesla Supercharger parking etiquette...

sfvR1S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad Adventure 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Occupation
CRE
Clubs

OT, but I was at Manhattan Village last week to test 350kwh charging since I had a problem coming back from Thermal a few weeks ago. I found one cramped spot next to the support column in the MV parking structure. Next stall was a model 3 taking up a spot, while not even charging. Would've been surprised if it was any other EV, but seems to the MO for people who own these EVs.
Sponsored

EdwardM2005

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT Guy
To be clear, all chargers were working and when DuMaass pulled out, another VW pulled in, plugged in and that driver got and said.... Holy D!ckhead - he's a problem.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

My recent observations.

• Some newer V3 Tesla stations have centered dispensers and you can use them normally.
  • V4 stations have longer cables and can be used normally.
  • Park on the back side (opposite) of the station if there is space.
  • Locate in the right most station and park one extra space to the right.
  • Locate a station with some room and park centered with the dispenser. The cables are 6.5' and a Rivian is 6.6' wide. You might only encroach a couple of feet into the next stall leaving it still usable if everyone parks over the lines a bit.
  • Park to the right of another CCS car if they are blocking a dispenser for Teslas. You will be able to use the one they didn't. Same goes for the left side if no one is using the next dispenser.

Sponsored

Rivtony

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S Quad Glacier White, Maserati Grandturismo
Occupation
Telecoms
Clubs

It should go for ALL charging stations.
WhatEtiquette.jpg
ParkCharge2slots.jpg
At least there the cable is long enough that you can probably still use the station behind the VW. :)

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

At least there the cable is long enough that you can probably still use the station behind the VW. :)
Could be the VW station is broken so they used the next one. Happened to me that way at EA.

EdwardM2005

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT Guy
No,
When he came back while I was taking pictures, he started yelling at me and another VW driver who pulled up the same time I did. He said something about a note on his windshield. Have no idea about that but it made him crazy mad. He disconnected and sped away.
Sponsored