Sponsored

MA National Grid Charge Smart MA incentive program

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

Did you have to use a separate contact for the second vehicle? From one instruction on the National grid page it looked like you needed to have two logins for each of the vehicles or drivers
Yes, the system only supports one EV make per account. You can create a new additional profile with National grid under a new email address, link it to the same elec account number, and then create a new charge smart account using that email address. It appears to be working for me, but I have not had it long enough for the Rivian’s rebate to show up on my bill.
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
Is everyone's off-peak vs on-peak charging times accurate?

Mine isn't looking so. I have the truck set to only charge between 11:00pm and 7:00am, and it still shows the majority of my charging on a daily basis as peak demand times on the app.

Also, the app crashes anytime I try to look at specific charging sessions from the dashboard. Pixel 6, up to date OS/app.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Is everyone's off-peak vs on-peak charging times accurate?

Mine isn't looking so. I have the truck set to only charge between 11:00pm and 7:00am, and it still shows the majority of my charging on a daily basis as peak demand times on the app.

Also, the app crashes anytime I try to look at specific charging sessions from the dashboard. Pixel 6, up to date OS/app.
Ya the app generally sucks pixel 7 . I've found the data turned out to be accurate in the stats page, but isn't accurate on the live status page.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Ya the app generally sucks pixel 7 . I've found the data turned out to be accurate in the stats page, but isn't accurate on the live status page.
Their support is super friendly and helpful but their messaging and the app itself is flaky. They use a third party service for API connectivity (sort of makes sense to isolate yourself from unsupported unofficial third party APIs) which means they have little control over some things.

The thing that drives me crazy is their date system. "Last Wednesday" etc. Just give me dates.

Rivian R1T R1S MA National Grid Charge Smart MA incentive program IMG_574925B1DAF7-1

App design isn't great but the rebate system works. Combine it with Solar and you can almost pay your bills in MA with an EV.

Rivian R1T R1S MA National Grid Charge Smart MA incentive program IMG_8DE849BAB6C9-1
Sponsored