Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Been a couple weeks, any updates on the new colors or DIY version?
Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Been a couple weeks, any updates on the new colors or DIY version?
I released dark wood color and will also release dark solid gray color this week. (Dark wood already released). DIY version will have to wait another week or so, the issue is that I ran out of materials and with holiday shipments being a mess, my material shipments got delayed. We got them last Friday and we're already in production today, so now again we have to catch up on pre-orders and then I can develop the DIY version (which will be different as I want to make it attach with magnets instead of glue).

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I installed a basic black one this weekend. In summary, it's nicer and heavier than I expected and works really well. My iphone13 mini snaps into place easily and comes off without pulling up the mat.
Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS r1tcharger_install

I observed some of the same things others did. The cords are a bit on the long side but hidden away so no big deal. I have a V1 center organizer, also from TWRAPS, that needed a slight mod: The holes were not large enough for the cord plugs. Maybe the updated version doesn't have this issue? In any case, I was able to cleanly drill the holes slightly larger (+1/16") using multiple drills in 1/64 increments to avoid binding the bit and possibly cracking the organizer. Overall, I'm very happy. :)
Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS r1tcharger

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I installed a basic black one this weekend. In summary, it's nicer and heavier than I expected and works really well. My iphone13 mini snaps into place easily and comes off without pulling up the mat.
r1tcharger_install.jpg

I observed some of the same things others did. The cords are a bit on the long side but hidden away so no big deal. I have a V1 center organizer, also from TWRAPS, that needed a slight mod: The holes were not large enough for the cord plugs. Maybe the updated version doesn't have this issue? In any case, I was able to cleanly drill the holes slightly larger (+1/16") using multiple drills in 1/64 increments to avoid binding the bit and possibly cracking the organizer. Overall, I'm very happy. :)
r1tcharger.png
Thank you!!! :)
Indeed, the current version of the armrest organizer is optimized for this, v1 was not...
As for the cords - I know...that's because we still use generic MagSafe pucks. Our custom ones (with single cord and proper length) should be ready before the end of January. We're just entering production next week.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thank you!!! :)
Indeed, the current version of the armrest organizer is optimized for this, v1 was not...
As for the cords - I know...that's because we still use generic MagSafe pucks. Our custom ones (with single cord and proper length) should be ready before the end of January. We're just entering production next week.
Nice! You’ll have the matte black back as well? My wife is planning to get this for me for my birthday in Feb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice! You’ll have the matte black back as well? My wife is planning to get this for me for my birthday in Feb.
Yes, I expect that all colors (except brushed black) will go to positive inventory next week... right now waiting for MagSafes (still generic) as we ran out a few days ago...

Jgoal55

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hello. First, happy new year to all!

Second, I received my Launch Edition R1S on Dec 23rd. Merry Xmas to me. 😂

Saw this charger and am just wanting to make sure, if I order, I would order the dark wood correct? My interior is Dark Ash Wood.

Thank You!

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Hello. First, happy new year to all!

Second, I received my Launch Edition R1S on Dec 23rd. Merry Xmas to me. 😂

Saw this charger and am just wanting to make sure, if I order, I would order the dark wood correct? My interior is Dark Ash Wood.

Thank You!
Merry Xmas! 😃 Congrats on the delivery!
As for the dark wood - I don't think it's a perfect match...but can't really test. So far nobody has complained of the dark wood (one person complained of the ash wood) but generally my impression is that most people like the matte black the most as it looks most OEM.
Also just FYI the ash wood and dark wood have a glossy layer on top.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Another happy @twraps customer, here! Just received and installed the Matte Black pad and it looks OEM! High quality material and feel. And yes, of course, it worked on the first dock (unlike the Rivian charge pad)!

Thanks, Iliya!

Sponsored

tg_cid

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Occupation
Blademaster
Any ETA on these coming back in stock? And recommendations on which color to pair with FE interior?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Any ETA on these coming back in stock? And recommendations on which color to pair with FE interior?
Yes I expect them to be back in stock next week. I recommend matte black as all colored options will soon be discontinued and replaced with skins. With matte black (which is also cheaper) you can get a skin once I release them if you want to customize the color (skins will be sold separately).

Jgoal55

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thanks all. Just placed a pre-order for Matte black. Looking forward to it.

One question, does the pad use one USB port to charge both phones or does it use one USB port for each magnet pad?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks all. Just placed a pre-order for Matte black. Looking forward to it.

One question, does the pad use one USB port to charge both phones or does it use one USB port for each magnet pad?
Thank you!
Currently I use generic MagSafe pucks so one cord per puck...in other words, both USB-C ports get used if you want both pucks to be functional/charging.
That will change in about 10 days or so...I've been working on custom pucks just for this product, where 2 pucks are connected together and use only one USB-C port. If you want to wait for that version please let me know your order # and I can place it on hold for until I have the new pucks. The new pucks are shipping to me (we don't manufacture the pucks themselves) tomorrow so I hope to have them sometime next week.

Edit: here is what they look like:
Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_0699

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Thank you!
Currently I use generic MagSafe pucks so one cord per puck...in other words, both USB-C ports get used if you want both pucks to be functional/charging.
That will change in about 10 days or so...I've been working on custom pucks just for this product, where 2 pucks are connected together and use only one USB-C port. If you want to wait for that version please let me know your order # and I can place it on hold for until I have the new pucks. The new pucks are shipping to me (we don't manufacture the pucks themselves) tomorrow so I hope to have them sometime next week.

Edit: here is what they look like:
IMG_0699.jpeg
How will the charging output be on these since it’s being split? I definitely like the black
Sponsored