Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Good post @SoCal Rob Just checked my camera and saw a yellow R1T pull up along our curb wait a little bit and drive off. Nobody got out of the vehicle. Wife usually hears very well, except occasionally when I am talking, and was waiting with no vacuum or other noise makers.
So it sounds like it was probably the third scenario I mentioned: They expected you to reply to the text or answer the call before they got out of their truck.

In my opinion, if they got there they should’ve knocked on your door or used your door bell. However, it could be that they’ve been blown off enough times that they figured it wasn’t worth their time.

It could be too much faith in the ability to always be able to reach someone on their cell. I mean, it’s nice they called and texted but both rely on your phone working, you having it with you, etc.
Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
It's no biggie, schedule another appt. Cell phones are primary method of communications these days. If they're there and you're not answering your phone, some people will go through the extra effort to knock while some won't. We live and learn.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
That’s stupid. The appointment was for an in person appointment, not a phone call. What’s wrong with people today that they can’t even knock or ring a door bell?

The same goes for food delivery now. Why did Covid suddenly make it ok for a delivery driver to just leave food on the ground at your front door without knocking or ringing?

People need to grow up and not be so antisocial.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
That’s stupid. The appointment was for an in person appointment, not a phone call. What’s wrong with people today that they can’t even knock or ring a door bell?

The same goes for food delivery now. Why did Covid suddenly make it ok for a delivery driver to just leave food on the ground at your front door without knocking or ringing?

People need to grow up and not be so antisocial.
It's not stupid and it's not being antisocial. I never answer a knock on the door for security reasons. We make an appointment by phone. Tech comes and let you know they've arrived by phone. I see nothing wrong with that. I prefer they call or text me - that way I'm sure it's the people I'm expecting to deal with. And if my wife is the only person home, even more important.
Sponsored

Last edited: