Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
No ceramic, but regardless it definitely is easier to maintain than the original glossy black.
Absolutely - if you decide to put ceramic on top you'll be bulletproof!
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I finally got a chance to take some pics today of my R1T. The truck is Midnight and I had it matte PPF's. I also had the headlights and taillights smoked; I wanted those to be lighter than they are, but I'm getting used to it. Light ceramic tint on the front windows too. I purposely left the mirrors glossy PPF to tie them to the roof and the gloss black 20" wheels the truck came with. I need to figure out how to do a light smoke on the mirror lights.

Then today I took the 20's off and put 21's on because I have 2 decently long trips coming up in the next month so I wanted the efficiency. I have there aero covers but I haven't decided if I'm going to put them on or not. I didn't want the bright polished edges on the 21's so I did the T-Wrap matte black wheel kit. I had previously done the Brainexploder decals on all of the badged in matte gray...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those in the future, probably gloss black but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what a matte Midnight Rivian looks like (I know I'm far from the first to do so), here ya go!

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg
Looks great!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, it really annoys my when windows are too dark. Tint shops always want darker, but I always go light.
Same. 30% or 35%. F1 Pinnacle. Way better than the somewhat cloudy 3M ceramic I always used to use…

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Not much to add, but badass looking truck man.

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
@uthatch - I thought I saw your R1T driving south on the 1 in Malibu this past Saturday. If it was you, I was in the silver R1T headed north.

Sponsored

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
@uthatch - I thought I saw your R1T driving south on the 1 in Malibu this past Saturday. If it was you, I was in the silver R1T headed north.
Nope, wasn’t me, I haven’t been to Malibu since I’ve picked up my truck.

Bstraus

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 BFDDE18A-522C-4B71-BE84-1465D6D20E14
Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 65CF9436-33C2-463C-86C1-6C411B75E1E3
Rivian R1T R1S My Matte PPF Midnight Black R1T 🏁 BE0BC363-35B3-46ED-B86B-5418158276F2
Got mine done with Xpel Stealth. Definitely changes the look! Kept the A pillars in gloss ppf to give little accent.
Love the tinted lights.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
I finally got a chance to take some pics today of my R1T. The truck is Midnight and I had it matte PPF's. I also had the headlights and taillights smoked; I wanted those to be lighter than they are, but I'm getting used to it. Light ceramic tint on the front windows too. I purposely left the mirrors glossy PPF to tie them to the roof and the gloss black 20" wheels the truck came with. I need to figure out how to do a light smoke on the mirror lights.

Then today I took the 20's off and put 21's on because I have 2 decently long trips coming up in the next month so I wanted the efficiency. I have there aero covers but I haven't decided if I'm going to put them on or not. I didn't want the bright polished edges on the 21's so I did the T-Wrap matte black wheel kit. I had previously done the Brainexploder decals on all of the badged in matte gray...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those in the future, probably gloss black but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what a matte Midnight Rivian looks like (I know I'm far from the first to do so), here ya go!

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg
Wow... that matte black is absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for sharing.

wolfsbane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Yukon Denali, Canyon SLT

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg
awesome.

curious; one year later - has the plastic trim gotten lighter or faded much?

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
awesome.

curious; one year later - has the plastic trim gotten lighter or faded much?
Sorry, I don't know...I sold the truck in November.
Sponsored