Sponsored

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
This conversation is getting too intellectual for me. Can someone please lower the tone?
Sponsored

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
Have you actually heard that? Or are you just teasing us? Because those things would be a more systematic change and it seems unlikely to happen at this time given the public information I've seen. And that would be a much bigger deal than all the other things she confirmed in the video.

That said, I'm also hoping the Q2 shutdown will bring in the Enduro quad motor, because RJ has previously implied that's coming. I suspect a price increase though, so I need to start preparing for a more expensive purchase.
if they replace the bosch motor with a quad enduro- that is cheaper.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
if they replace the bosch motor with a quad enduro- that is cheaper.
Yes, cheaper to produce, but more valuable to the consumer. So, I don't think they're going to pass the savings on to us. :) I think at best, they'd keep the pricing the same. But the Dual Performance is already so close in price, I'd have to think they'd make the price difference greater than the current quads. I considered starting a thread for that to see what people would be willing to pay, but I feared on a Rivian Forum, people would give too high of an answer, and I'd be doing Rivian's homework for them.

I've also been wondering what they'll do with the Bosch vehicles at that point. Seems like they'd have to charge more for the enduro quads just to get rid of the stock of Bosch quads. Is it possible that they'd keep Bosch around even further than that? Or once they kick in the enduro quad, that they'll stop production of the Bosch quads, and then the (now enduro) quad price will go up for those not locked with a configuration.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Yes, cheaper to produce, but more valuable to the consumer. So, I don't think they're going to pass the savings on to us. :) I think at best, they'd keep the pricing the same. But the Dual Performance is already so close in price, I'd have to think they'd make the price difference greater than the current quads. I considered starting a thread for that to see what people would be willing to pay, but I feared on a Rivian Forum, people would give too high of an answer, and I'd be doing Rivian's homework for them.

I've also been wondering what they'll do with the Bosch vehicles at that point. Seems like they'd have to charge more for the enduro quads just to get rid of the stock of Bosch quads. Is it possible that they'd keep Bosch around even further than that? Or once they kick in the enduro quad, that they'll stop production of the Bosch quads, and then the (now enduro) quad price will go up for those not locked with a configuration.
If the in house quads get more hp/torque, Rivian can charge more and people will buy it

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
If the in house quads get more hp/torque, Rivian can charge more and people will buy it
Of course, but how much more. I mean clearly only like $100 more. Remember, we don't *need* to be faster than the CT.

(Shhh, Rivian might be watching.)

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Of course, but how much more. I mean clearly only like $100 more. Remember, we don't *need* to be faster than the CT.

(Shhh, Rivian might be watching.)
Haha, who knows. Perhaps they could keep the $8k premium like today for in-house quad, but reduce the Bosch inventory down by reducing those cars by $1-2k

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

No, it's not. higher energy dense cells are not heavier.
Feel free to explain why the Max Pack R1T has 44 lbs fewer of payload than an otherwise identical Large Pack R1T.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...over-black-mountain-86k-obo.19707/post-406952

vs

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...awr-payload-stickers.11577/page-5#post-421485

Different cells absolutely could differ in weight even though they are the same physical size and volume because you're changing the materials out which have different densities.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
They can make it a little juicier for the thousand HP one and I'd still happily pay. Hopefully not too bad.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

I do not really care about the quads, if we end up getting an R1S for my wife it will probably be the standard dual motor.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

1100 hp quad motor please
Something I hadn't considered before. I am now wondering if Rivian is going to do a Quad Motor and Performance Quad motor for the new quads.

docwhiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
It's true universally, not just at the quantum level. But I'll admit that 135kWh doesn't weigh all that much if you do the math. :CWL:
0.00000540748 grams
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG