First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Really? There aren’t enough clickbait out there we gotta do it with forum posts too? There’s nothing retro about the Mach-E Rally. Just a warmed over derivative of the slow selling Mach-E; until they cut prices.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Let’s be real.
If this had a Rivian badge, so many here would be all over it, yelling “Take my money!”
The body shape is the same as a standard crossover mache. Just because it has a spoiler doesn’t make it different. I am a rivian guy but being honest they didnt reinvent anything when they made this.

the r3x is not made from anything on the market today. On the other hand Ford is a long established brand. They avoid risky decisions. That is great for people that don’t want different.

Also, they could easily make a very super powerful version but they opt not to. (Yes I know the irony that mid 3s 0-60 isn’t enough)

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Acceleration is OK? What a world we live in.
When a 7000lb adventure SUV is quicker than a GT Rally "Mustang" yes just OK.
Let’s be real.
If this had a Rivian badge, so many here would be all over it, yelling “Take my money!”
Uh, no not me. A Mustang is a sports car not a CUV. It was lost on me when they made it a family car. Same with the Blazer.

Sponsored

Joules Burn

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L FE
Occupation
Retired Electronics
I owned a Mach-E GTPE. My dealer “broke it” after 8,000 miles so Ford stepped up and gave me a full buy-back without question. (My check paid for the Rivian R1S a couple weeks later!)

The Rally version has less than 6.5 inches of ground clearance. The Magnaride suspension gives you the performance of a golf ball in a drainpipe for handling but it feels like a park bench on casters. There are many “roads” that the Mach-E Rally would bottom out - unless approached at high speed. Bottoming out WOULD be an adventure.

The Ford bodywork was very excellent. The software sucked pond water. Service was abysmal.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Surprised they built it but I should hope even dysfunctional Ford could "beat Rivian to the punch" since they first showed the rally Mockey about two years ago.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Uh, no not me. A Mustang is a sports car not a CUV. It was lost on me when they made it a family car. Same with the Blazer.
If they named it something else it would be forgotten. Do you remember the name of the joint Toyota / Subaru EV currently being sold (without looking it up)?

OP
OP

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

So on the Ford site configuring one of these Mach-Rallys it builds up to $66k without dealer shenanigans. This is already $6k over my personal guess on Rivian’s delivery price on a R3X. Then we’ll add in typical dealer markup of at least $10k on any performance variant these day and a Mach-e Rally looks to be at least $76k out the door.

Sponsored

AlphaTango

First Name
Tobias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks, I hate it

JonW716

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023Durango SRT, 2018 Ram 2500, 2015 ZX14R
Occupation
NOYFB
That mustang abortion doesn't do it for me, its just ugly as f... !

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If they named it something else it would be forgotten. Do you remember the name of the joint Toyota / Subaru EV currently being sold
So it is better that it is an abomination of what it once was?
I doubt it has the history of the Mustang/Blazer.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I like the standard Mach E but hate this. The Mach E design is not retro at all, so this just looks awkward.
Sponsored