First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No kidding! Looks like the majority of vehicles in the ready lots are EDVs.

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
That’s probably really good for both companies

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

That’s awesome they’ve ramped it up so much. I wonder why more of these aren’t being delivered though. Almost looks like deliveries of EDV and R1 is becoming an issue.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That’s awesome they’ve ramped it up so much. I wonder why more of these aren’t being delivered though. Almost looks like deliveries of EDV and R1 is becoming an issue.
They discussed this in the last earnings call. They said for this quarter the deliveries would lag production due to the holidays, transition to rail transport and partly due to the recent production ramp from adding a second shift.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Could someone please point out the Normal Service Center in the video? And maybe estimate how many R1's are at the Normal Service Center awaiting delivery?

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Rough ballpark looks like 50/50 T/S's for R1's.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Here in Chicago are there have been so many EDV's on the road. I can see all the Rivian chargers outside the amazon distribution place too.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I’m sure Amazon would have loved to have had those trucks about a month ago.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Maybe Amazon would get them faster if they signed up for Rivian Prime with free 2-day shipping.:CWL:

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Touareg, A8, Q7 urQ
How many of those parked Rivians have a flat 12 volt battery? Seems like a logistical nightmare to keep them charged. Maybe they are in ship mode?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
That’s awesome they’ve ramped it up so much. I wonder why more of these aren’t being delivered though.
Delivering EDVs involves a whole lot more than just dropping them off. Amazon can't use them unless they have the charging infrastructure in place and the drivers trained, so I suspect Rivian is producing the vans at a much greater rate than Amazon can accept them right now.

There may also be tax implications - Amazon may want to delay accepting these vehicles until 2023 to maximize the tax credits under the new law. Regardless, Christmas time would be a really bad time for Amazon to make major changes in its delivery infrastructure, so it's likely they're waiting until the season dies down before introducing the vans to a lot of new locations.

The contract between Rivian and Amazon is very flexible and constantly changing in terms of features, price, and delivery schedule as they co-develop these vehicles. That's the nature of a cost+ contract. Whatever is being done here in terms of production volume, delivery dates, etc. is being done in co-ordination with Amazon.

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
I had the pleasure of being there yesterday to pick up our R1T!

I was absolutely flabbergasted at how many R1Ts, R1Ss, and EDVs are around. Both lines (tour guide said they are completely independent) were pumping out vehicles. Seemed like every 5 or so minutes a new one was coming off each line.

I am no longer surprised they expect to hit the 25k production target.

Also, apparently Amazon wants the EDVs delivered by truck, not train, and they can only fit 2 on a truck, so that might be part of the bottleneck.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Drone footage from the factory taken on 12/21. Looks like EDVs have ramped nicely.

how could anyone think for one minute after watching that video that Rivian is going to fail??? I know there are a lot of people against Rivian for whatever reason but that video has got to give you heart! Rivian is here to stay!
Sponsored