Sponsored

Not a 'known' navigation issue... my bad.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

UPDATE - @Michal below solved this. My stupidity apparently. So changed the name of the thread. This is not a 'known' issue with the software as the service center told me yesterday - instead a case of sharing your data with Rivian and their service providers - so that navigation works. More reason for me to stick with the carplay device.

--------

I know of several people, me included, who are currently experiencing navigation issues. My navigation says it's off-line, even though other data services (spotify etc) all work. I've hard reset several times, but the issue persists. It's not the GPS itself, because the map does 'move' with me. It just can't be used to navigate.

I took Thor in for a service yesterday for a door handle issue, and brought this to their attention.

I was told by 2 different techs that there is a 'known' navigation issue that is impacting 'some' of the R1s. It was introduced in a 'recent' update. Supposedly 'they are working on it'. I don't have more than that, but figured I'd share in case others are experiencing something similar. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.
I just like the name Thor. 👊🏾
Sponsored

Cortles

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Analyst
I also found this old thread that talks about what data is being shared and some references to Rivian data sharing practices. At this stage, location driver is not shared with 3rd party insurance companies and as many point out, is restricted in many states to impact insurance (price and claims).

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/insurance-data-logging.25088/