Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I know this is supposed to be more of an EV "muscle car" so range is not something they are looking for here, but it looks good!

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
How do they define "muscle car"?

It must be an incredibly limited category if they think that 3.3 seconds to 60 and 11.5 seconds for a 1/4 mile qualifies "as the world’s quickest".

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Am I missing the range here?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Am I missing the range here?
317 miles for the long-range, 260 miles for the high-power. They specify charge time "when using a 350-kW fast charger" so presumably it can take >150kW.

Edit: 400V architecture, peak charge rate 183kW.

Sponsored

GogglesPisano

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I like it but I think this is destined to do poorly no matter how great it is. I feel like the Dodge customer base is similar to the Harley base. They laughed at the Livewire just like the Dodge guys are going to laugh at this. To them, it's the equivalent of wearing Birkenstocks and a man bun while sipping a soy latte and talking about climate change. It's an image to them that's going to be incredibly difficult to get over.

I hope I'm wrong though. I hope something like this will sway the majority to see how great an EV can be and it's just another powertrain choice, not a way of life.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That thing looks sick.
Dodge is certainly looking to have it both ways with an ICE version..

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Love it!

The commentariat over at TheAutopian is pretty funny. Lots of people questioning “who is this for? the New Balance sneaker crew?” which is a pretty myopic (and sh*tty) way of thinking about it.

Quick, looks sharp, and further expands the EV universe to potential muscle car buyers.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Maybe Dodge has finally had enough of their Hellcats getting beaten at the track by a guy in a Model S Plaid with his wife and kids in the car who happened to stop at the track on his way back home from church :angry:

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
There is a Dodge made after 1973 The Count would be caught driving. If you gave him one of these he'd sell it and donate the money to single mothers.

Sponsored

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
I like it but I think this is destined to do poorly no matter how great it is. I feel like the Dodge customer base is similar to the Harley base. They laughed at the Livewire just like the Dodge guys are going to laugh at this.
The Livewire objectively sucked. For the money.

The Daytona EV is going to be a practical liftback sedan(2dr and 4 dr) for not too much money. You can get the 100 kWH car with good range and ok performance or good performance with ok range.

They haven't unveiled the Banshee with 118 kWh pack yet. I think they know they have to at least match Model S Plaid 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. Because they will be charging similar money.

Like the Taycan found mostly a new audience. So will Daytona EVs. 911 guys laughed at Taycan. And Cayenne. Didn't stop them from being massive successes.

There are dudes paying $150k-$400k to restomod classic muscle cars with Tesla powertrains. There is a market here.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

A lot of my coworkers are Muscle car fanatics Dodge will learn very quick that they are some of the biggest anti EV gang i've met. It will cost more than a used Hellcat be heavier and slower. Muscle cars just like Harleys they want the sound and not that terrible synthesized fake junk they advertised the car with.
Sponsored