First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Have you considered the Milwaukee Packout storage? More expensive, for sure, but modular and many (tool oriented) storage options.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If you really want something indestructible, there's always the Yeti GoBox line that comes in 3 sizes and does have some internal organization. They're $$$ because they're Yeti, but we have the original version of the 30, given as a gift, and it's very stout and dust and water proof.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Action Packers are much cheaper and get the job done just as well. I’ve been using them for years and can’t complain.

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

I have two of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN2PBJM5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details coming Friday.

I think they will fit side by side in the Frunk, stack nicely in the R1S deck/bed, be the right size to handle solo without killing my L5 disk, and maybe even be sturdy enough to double as camp stools and end tables.

They aren't cheap compared to plastic totes, but my personal preference is for something unlikely to be overfilled, serve multiple duties on site, and then be very stable when stacked on garage racks.

I will report back with photos of the Frunk fit, etc. so you can each weigh your options. ;)
They arrived early:

Rivian R1T R1S Pelican/Roam type Rugged Case Organizers 20230321_175140

Rivian R1T R1S Pelican/Roam type Rugged Case Organizers 20230321_175145

Rivian R1T R1S Pelican/Roam type Rugged Case Organizers 20230321_175152

Rivian R1T R1S Pelican/Roam type Rugged Case Organizers 20230321_175210

Last edited:

Sponsored

tylerdurden03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jeep GC Trailhawk, Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I use RUX 70L cases for most of my sports/overlanding/etc. gear in the truck bed, and organize the contents in them with their waterproof totes. Everything is waterproof, collapsible, and durable. Great for separating wet gear (or keeping gear dry in the wet). For example I have one RUX with my ski boots sitting in it and all my dry gear in a waterproof tote in the same case. Snow can melt off the boots without getting my gear wet, and I can stand on the lid to keep my feet dry when I'm changing in the parking lot.
Do you think these are going to fit underneath the manual tonneau cover whenever it comes?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Plano cases.
Completely agree! Picked up a couple of the outdoorsman trunks for $26 on Amazon. Haven’t added gasket yet but I don’t think I need it. No dust inside after 20 mile dirt road that turned limestone to tan. Tonnea was closed.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Do you think these are going to fit underneath the manual tonneau cover whenever it comes?
the tonneau channel gives about 17 inches of height, so it should fit the rux 70L comfortably (Dimensions (W x L x H): 15.7 x 19.5 x 13.8 inches)

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
They fit under the automatic tonneau with room to spare, and my understanding is the manual tonneau will have the same clearance.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I've been rocking a 95L Roam case in the bed. It's tied down with small straps in the corners so it's not going anywhere. I keep recovery gear, some tools, etc. in there.

Rivian R1T R1S Pelican/Roam type Rugged Case Organizers IMG_2449
Sponsored