Sponsored

Plugshare compromised?

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
The entire history and checkins for the Memphis EA station (the only fast CCS in the entire city) has been memory holed. The station has been completely off line for several months, and had been the object of a lot of criticism.

Looking at other EA stations in the region, checkins are still mostly there, including negative ones, but some seem to be missing. I left a non favorable review for the Jackson, TN EA station in late July which I can't find, but a semi positive one (135kw on a 350kw cabinet) I left in March is still there.

It's possible that I failed to hit the button and post the review in July, I hadn't checked back to see if it was there until today. However, I try to checkin in every single time I charge, as I think accurate information (good, bad, or ugly) is critical with the sparse and unreliable infrastructure that we have.

I'm 100% certain that there were dozens of uniformly negative reviews on the Memphis EA station which now seem to be missing.

I'm troubled by the appearance that EA or Plugshare may be "filtering" unfavorable reviews.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked my local EA, which usually has 2-3 of the 4 chargers broken or only outputing at <50KW. They have been offline for a couple weeks now, because they are installing new chargers. All the bad reviews are still showing. Not that it matters for Rivian owners... because Kia, Porsche, Hyundai, BMW and VW dealers in the area all offer free 1-2 year charging. Great incentive to sell cars, but it also creates a line of 2-4 cars everyday, because why would charge at home when it is free. I only see it empty on the way to the gym at 5am or 10pm.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP
Joe schmoe

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Looks like the location was deleted and readded. Not sure I'd call it nefarious behavior though.

Original location for that one was here: https://www.plugshare.com/location/146855

1695745844873.png
It may be entirely innocent, but it sure looks suspicious. There are still negative checkins on lots of sites (including some of mine). I will be watching to see if I see a pattern, although I've quit using the Rivian for cross country driving until we have NACS access. The regional CCS infrastructure just isn't robust enough for reliable travel yet.

ChiefBushWookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Military
Clubs

PlugShare will consolidate individual charger reviews into a single charging site review. This results in individual reviews being moved. This has been mentioned by Branden Flasch on X (Twitter) and mentioned by Out of Spec.
I feel that it isn’t the correct method for PS to use, but it is their standard practice.
Edit: Reddit link discussing this issue- Reddit-PlugShare Editing Reviews

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Hard to say if it was intentional, but that is the same technique shady Amazon sellers use to reset when they get a bunch of bad reviews. I guess it's one thing if PS was the one who initiated this, but if they were pressured by EA to do it that is greasy IMO.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Deleting and re-adding doesn't cover it all if this guy's positive review from March made the migration but his (and apparently others') negative ones didn't.

PlugShare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Our editorial team received reports from the community saying that this location wasn't coming back so they deleted it. Electrify America reached out about this location being deleted and we now have a better process in place to try to reduce deletions based on incorrect community feedback.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Our editorial team received reports from the community saying that this location wasn't coming back so they deleted it. Electrify America reached out about this location being deleted and we now have a better process in place to try to reduce deletions based on incorrect community feedback.
Stop providing logical explanations... the conspiracy theories are better theater.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

PS has never sent me to bad places because I review all the stops I might make on a trip to see the reviews. We took a trip to SoCal last week and were going to stop in Tulare to charge at an EA station at Walmart. I read the reviews and the last 10 were negative (broken equipment). We opted for Kettleman City and the EA's were fantastic without issue. On the way home we stopped to charge and out of the 10 stations, 5 were being used by Rivians (1 R1S and 4 R1T's).
Sponsored