Sponsored

logan

First Name
logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1% a day is 2-2.5 miles so above what the said. Maybe open a ticket.
@CharonPDX, if you do open a ticket and get some resolution please do post. My experience with gear guard- which is significant since this is when I cannot plug-in- is comparable.

I have asked service in the past and they have told me it is normal. Maybe something has changed but I'll remain skeptical and think he is saying under ideal circumstances with no gear guard and perfect ambient temperature. (The last two being the reasons that were explained to me for the drain. Gear guard and dealing with heat or cold for the sake of the battery.)
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2017 Mercedes E300
Occupation
Small business owner
You must not understand the sales and marketing behind incentives to existing customer bases. It is used to sell more product to existing customers who otherwise might sit on sidelines. It is used to generate additional sales and not a form of charity. You must get that marketing from other manufacturers and think they actually want to "reward" your loyalty....that isn't the actual goal no matter how well worded it is.
Regarding incentives to existing customer bases, try that with cell phone network or cable TV providers!
(Oh, that free phone is only for new customer or new lines!)
(Oh, that bundle is for new customers only.)

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2017 Mercedes E300
Occupation
Small business owner
I would 100% pay for a retrofit to the new sensors/compute if the new stuff is compatible with existing R1s. Feels like the best of both worlds. Make it cover costs + profit using the same parts that are already being built for the line. Gives early adopters that paved the way for growth an upgrade path while still maintaining a cost profile that drives closer to achieving profit as a company.
I would expect that the efficiency gains in production relate to fewer chips and less copper. I doubt that it would be an easy change as it would probably require removing the existing wiring harness and installing an entirely different one. Doable? Probably. Affordable. Probably not.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
He did say 1 MILE/ day, not 1%/day. If everybody that is sitting at 1%+ per day opens a ticket, service will be overwhelmed. Iā€™m anxious to see how this plays out.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I would 100% pay for a retrofit to the new sensors/compute if the new stuff is compatible with existing R1s. Feels like the best of both worlds. Make it cover costs + profit using the same parts that are already being built for the line. Gives early adopters that paved the way for growth an upgrade path while still maintaining a cost profile that drives closer to achieving profit as a company.
There is 0.00000% chance there will be a retrofit.

Sponsored

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
Regarding incentives to existing customer bases, try that with cell phone network or cable TV providers!
(Oh, that free phone is only for new customer or new lines!)
(Oh, that bundle is for new customers only.)
Wait just a minute. The AT&T TV commercials clearly state that not only do new customers get their special, best deals, but also existing customers get their best deals. Everybody gets their best deal. In other words - there is no best deal. The pricing just is what it is, sucker. AT&T blows!

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Late to the thread, but an accessory that would be awesome is a mountable Bluetooth camera that you could put on a trailer to make backing up a with one a little easier. Just sits there idle until you go into reverse, and then you can get that as an additional reverse view.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Late to the thread, but an accessory that would be awesome is a mountable Bluetooth camera that you could put on a trailer to make backing up a with one a little easier. Just sits there idle until you go into reverse, and then you can get that as an additional reverse view.
Bluetooth is terrible for data transfer of this magnitude (live video), both from a bandwidth and lag perspective. Plus, range is very limited, even if the line-of-sight is clear.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Bluetooth is terrible for data transfer of this magnitude (live video), both from a bandwidth and lag perspective. Plus, range is very limited, even if the line-of-sight is clear.
Yeah, worried about that, just didn't know what else could do it... Wouldn't need to be super high res. WiFi via the hotspot? :p

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Yeah, worried about that, just didn't know what else could do it... Wouldn't need to be super high res. WiFi via the hotspot? :p
Wired is the only real answer for a useable feed at that distance and interference.

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
- Hot button for 360 camera when parking/other hot buttons
I just want a tilting down passenger mirror when backing up, so I can see the curb. Right now pushing the touch screen a couple of times, followed by the scroll wheel is not very efficient.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I just want a tilting down passenger mirror when backing up, so I can see the curb. Right now pushing the touch screen a couple of times, followed by the scroll wheel is not very efficient.
I just have the camera icon pinned to the bar, hit that once and use 360 camera view. Works great for me.
Sponsored