First Name
Arnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander XSE, 2022 Toyota Avalon XSE
Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Has anyone pur Xpel 8 mil on the center screen for fingerprint control/cleaning?
Sponsored

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

This is a bad idea, IMO.

Don't bother with trying to put film on it that won't look nearly as good and will require slip solution that could damage the electronics behind the screen.

It's much easier to just install one of the many screen protectors already offered by the aftermarket. The matte protector from @twraps has fantastic fit and finish.

Last edited:

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
I tried applying a screen protector, but found it made the screen even more reflective, forcing me to focus longer on it to see anything. Not a bueno when driving. My biggest concern is sunlight/UV, and from what I could tell, the protector only guards against scratches and fingerprints. I don't wear rings, and fingerprints are easy to wipe off, so I just leave it as-is.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I tried applying a screen protector, but found it made the screen even more reflective, forcing me to focus longer on it to see anything. Not a bueno when driving. My biggest concern is sunlight/UV, and from what I could tell, the protector only guards against scratches and fingerprints. I don't wear rings, and fingerprints are easy to wipe off, so I just leave it as-is.
You need to make sure you get the matte version.

PBSDDS

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
Dentist
I heard the they are stacking up in Bloomington as Amazon is slowing delivery from October -February/holiday shipping rush so not to have to retrain drivers etc

Will ramp up in February

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I put a Matte screen protector on both the speedometer and main display and both have been solid. Less fingerprints and glare, Iā€™d recommend one of those.

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
AO Matte protectors, highly recommended. You do lose some clarity compared to clear, but definitely helps cut down on glare.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Why?? Far easier to keep a small squirt bottle of screen cleaner and small microfiber. The seat cubby is a perfect spot for it. Prior to delivery I thought this was going to be an issue. But since delivery Iā€™ve come to realize it isnā€™t at all. I just donā€™t look at the screen long enough to notice fingerprints. Plus the antiglare type films tend to make the screen look washed out if light hits it just right. Not worth the cost or hassle to put one on, without trapping dust and bubbles, when occasional cleaning takes just a few seconds.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Their version isn't glass, according to their website: "9H Hardness PET material with black borders"

https://twraps.com/products/screen-protectors-for-rivian-r1t-r1s?variant=42397277847750
Oops, old description...no black borders nowadays. That was v1, we are on v2 right now (no black borders, no sensor cutouts and thicker material).
But to confirm - yes, we do PET based, not TG based screen protectors. While I know some people prefer TG, my experience being on the other side of this is that we see a lot more happier customers with PET compared to TG, as PET doesn't break/shatter, while TG breaks easily, for many - during installation or even transit...and then one ding with your phone or similar and it shatters. No such issues with PET.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
I have the abstract ocean gloss screen protectors for all three of my screens and I highly recommend them. I am struggling with the rear screen one as it isnā€™t sticking properly but since I donā€™t see it often I keep forgetting to reach out to AO about it.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

This is the one I used:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I have the Xpel stealth PPF installed on all my screens. Works great, no glare, easy to wipe off the dust and stuff, and also is smooth to the touch.
Sponsored