First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
So most people have now received an updated delivery date. Some are happy, some are...less happy? As it's been said, it tough to start up a new car company, and yes Rivian has made some unforced errors along the way. I am still hopeful that the wait will be worth it.

But there is also a new group of people here who do not have a delivery window. The "processing estimate" people.

So I am trying to get an idea of why some people get this message. Is it just far from Service people? Just R1S people? Just certain configurations?

So if you are a PEP (you down with PEP, yeah you know me), and you want to share: let us know your order date, configuration, and location.

Thanks
Sponsored

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Order Date Oct 2021
Original Delivery Estimate Oct-Dec 2022
R1T - RB | OC | 20" AT | Underbody Shield | Powered Tonneau | Spare
Wilson, NC

Last edited:

jackr1182

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Self Employed
Birmingham, AL
June 2021 R1S Pre-Order
Adjusted my config 3 times to get delivery ASAP - El Cap/BM/21’s

pretty disheartening. I reached out asking rivian if I moved, if I could take delivery sooner. I’ve got fam in South Carolina, Lehigh Valley, and Dallas. Just want my SUV and hacked to think people that ordered a year after me will get theirs sooner with the same config.

They should give us a choice that says we will pickup at the nearest SC, and drive/transport to service center until one is in our area.

OP
OP
Gavinmcc

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Order Date Oct 2021
Original Delivery Estimate Oct-Dec 2022
RB | OC | 20" AT | Underbody Shield | Powered Tonneau | Spare
Wilson, NC
Do you know if North Carolina has laws against Manufacturers from direct sales to customers? Does Tesla have a service center in North Carolina?

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Do you know if North Carolina has laws against Manufacturers from direct sales to customers? Does Tesla have a service center in North Carolina?
NC does. Tesla was established before the laws got put in place.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gavinmcc

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I guess I should do my part and actually figure out which states won't let Rivian do direct sales and also where all the service centers are. It's a big country.

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
R1S Order Date Oct 2021
No Original Delivery Estimate
Limestone | OC | 22" brights
Raleigh, NC

Strangest part is that I took delivery of my R1T at the beginning of September

OP
OP
Gavinmcc

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
And quite a few in New Mexico. But it seems Rivian has changed their process of deliveries far from service

mount_finkus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Sold) 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Web Development
May 2021 Preorder for R1S FE/FG Adventure, last significant change was red to green in September 2021. I live 20 minutes from Denver Service Center

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
Order info is in my signature, and except for the OC interior, it is pretty much a standard R1T config. Ordered Aug 31, 2021, same day as @Gavinmcc. According to Google Maps, I’m 291 miles from the Bellevue Service Center. I have seen some complaints that those near Seattle have to wait over two months for service calls right now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
New Orleans (Louisiana does restrict direct sale of tesla but we have a service center. I have a 2018 model 3 which was a very early delivery. Tesla supported that vehicle, which also had numerus small issues, with mobile service. didn't get the service center here until 2020)
April 2019 pre-order
R1T adventure (original max pack but changed to large pack over a year ago)
GW/OC/21's
Original window July-Sept 2022
Didn't get the June email so no window
promised window by end of summer
Promised window by end of Oct
NOW: Processing Estimate
Infuriating. To be lied to over and over and make no mistake the failure to provide a window after explicitly being told you will get your window are straight up lies.

Tesla barely survived the production ramp and I can tell you they made none of these types of errors during that crucial phase of model 3 production. This does not bode well for Rivians future.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
New Orleans (Louisiana does restrict direct sale of tesla but we have a service center. I have a 2018 model 3 which was a very early delivery. Tesla supported that vehicle, which also had numerus small issues, with mobile service. didn't get the service center here until 2020)
April 2019 pre-order
R1T adventure (original max pack but changed to large pack over a year ago)
GW/OC/21's
Original window July-Sept 2022
Didn't get the June email so no window
promised window by end of summer
Promised window by end of Oct
NOW: Processing Estimate
Infuriating. To be lied to over and over and make no mistake the failure to provide a window after explicitly being told you will get your window are straight up lies.

Tesla barely survived the production ramp and I can tell you they made none of these types of errors during that crucial phase of model 3 production. This does not bode well for Rivians future.
But Tesla didn’t have Amazon buying vans from them.

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
But Tesla didn’t have Amazon buying vans from them.
This is true and they do have backers with very deep pockets but I don't now how long that good will is going to last if investors continue to see these types of missteps of which we now have several and in my opinion they are ruining the brand.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This is true and they do have backers with very deep pockets but I don't now how long that good will is going to last if investors continue to see these types of missteps of which we now have several and in my opinion they are ruining the brand.
Key words are in your opinion. Pretty sure Amazon doesn’t care about Rivian “missteps” but only if they get their vans delivered on time.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
3/21 preorder for standard config R1T, previously a Oct-Dec 2022 delivery window. I did change interior colors a couple times months ago.

2/22 R1S and dual motor R1T reservation

Just outside Charlotte NC

All reservations “processing estimate.” Sad more than anything else.

I will keep my reservations to just see what happens but psychologically I am moving on. The back assward laws here in NC aren’t changing anytime soon. Will probably just keep my 18 year old Tundra as a beater truck and look into an EV6.
Sponsored