Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1991 Audi 200 20v Avant and 2016 VW Golf R
Clubs

Was able to use our R1S last night to power our freezer and refrigerators during a 6 hour power outtage. Would have been next level to have V2H to help power the AC as it got close to 85 inside but was still happy to at least keep perishables safe.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S coming in clutch during power outtage IMG_2624
Sponsored

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I recently had a power outage but didn’t think to use this setup. Did you have to move things to get power to your fridge or something? That would’ve been a big problem with my kitchen anyway

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You can run the cord along the side of the Liftgate / bottom corner of Liftgate and out the back while still being able to close your hatch / Liftgate.

OP
OP
Ow My Balls

Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I recently had a power outage but didn’t think to use this setup. Did you have to move things to get power to your fridge or something? That would’ve been a big problem with my kitchen anyway
Just had to move kitchen fridge out a little to reach power but that was it.

OP
OP
Ow My Balls

Ow My Balls

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

You can run the cord along the side of the Liftgate / bottom corner of Liftgate and out the back while still being able to close your hatch / Liftgate.
Oh man, that would have been good to know last night. Ultimately I just turned on camp mode and turned off the interior lights and that seemed to work well for my situation. If camping I'd definitely run the power like you mentioned.
Sponsored