Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Any trends or thoughts on how long it usually took for Rivian to reach out to schedule delivery after completing all the other steps? Only been a couple days, but no guide yet or scheduling email. I sort of wonder if the "great opening" of the R1S shop on 7/5 led to so many purchases that it will slow down the scheduling process a bit. I'm not anxious. I swear. I just want my new toy asap :)
Is your R1S traveling by train or truck? Has it even arrived at the service center?
Sponsored

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Oh, I fully expect that the vehicle is likely in Illinois somewhere, and it won't be in Austin for at least a little while. But I was thinking you might get an email saying, "hey, your VIN is at the factory, so hold tight." or something along those lines.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Oh, I fully expect that the vehicle is likely in Illinois somewhere, and it won't be in Austin for at least a little while. But I was thinking you might get an email saying, "hey, your VIN is at the factory, so hold tight." or something along those lines.
Call your guide to find out where your SUV is and if it will be delivered by train or truck.

I think you get an email when the vehicle leaves the factory.

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Call your guide to find out where your SUV is and if it will be delivered by train or truck.

I think you get an email when the vehicle leaves the factory.
Yep, I'll do that — once I get a guide :D

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yep, I'll do that — once I get a guide :D
check your profile page and see if one is assigned to you already. See if you can hit the contact us option.

Sponsored

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
How quickly Rivian can turn elation and excitement into another wait…..

From the guide…. It will be four weeks at least, most likely eight

It’s madding….

But hey, my stocks climbed again

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any launch editions. Can you normally filter for launch editions if they are available, or do you have to manually sort through all the offerings to find?

I don't know about ocean coast, I have kids. I fear what they would do to a white interior. 😂

Current rides both have block. Seems to hide their messes well.

I
Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 05.34.10.png
Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 05.34.30.png
Cermaic coat the seats for $60, problem solved. higher chance of new factory fresh build plus extra $2,000 equity from free ocean coast upgrade.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I wonder whether any R1S's are being "built to order." If yes, surely those vehicles are not (initially) dumped into the shop. If not, well, I may be checking the Shop for my configuration for a very long time.
Yes for certain there are many still built to order and delivered that way, they are not dumped into the shop till the original reservation cancels. This last month was about getting them out for the quarter. I have not seen mention of vegan leather on a R1S yet. Hopefully soon. 🤞

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found mine in the app.
Nothing in my account or app., but with impeccable timing, I received an email from Rivian shortly after I posted my question with a link to schedule an introductory call with my Guide, "Lauren." So then gears appear to be turning.

Sponsored

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Nothing in my account or app., but with impeccable timing, I received an email from Rivian shortly after I posted my question with a link to schedule an introductory call with my Guide, "Lauren." So then gears appear to be turning.
A little change in ask us anything in the app.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_1048

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

That's my guide since 1/6/23. We've emailed/texted but never spoken (because I never requested a call). Prompt, courteous, and to the point. Just an FYI ... on a couple of occasions she sent a text in reply to my email, so watch for that.

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
So yesterday, after being told 4 weeks but most likely 8 weeks for deliver…, i was email my R1S has shipped …. It’s like riding a wave with this company.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

So yesterday, after being told 4 weeks but most likely 8 weeks for deliver…, i was email my R1S has shipped …. It’s like riding a wave with this company.
Adventure to the core!

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Any pattern or reason on color availability of R1S?

I'm probably impatient. Been refreshing the shop regularly past few days since I got access. Seems like few to no R1Ss are in red.
Sponsored