R1S Will not charge :-(

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
My R1S stopped taking a charge last Friday and will just not charge it attempts to charge but the charge port just turns Red.
I've tried my 2 x home charges a Rivian hard wired wall unit, a Juice Box hard wired, a Public Chargepoint x2 , and a EVGo DC charger all failed.
My other EV charges on both home chargers no problem. Have a service appointment tomorrow although the service center is fully booked for two week so I get a feeling the car will just sit there for two weeks before they even get to look at it.... the R1S is fantastic but the service appointment schedule is a disaster. I also have an appointment for August for my clicking drivetrain which was the earliest one they had so hopefully that can deal with that issue also.... Here's hoping they at least have a Rivian loaner or a rental EV available.
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
have you tried hard reset ?

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Since you’ve tried various chargers and had the same issue at all, try a “hard reset” of your vehicle.

Miguelgjr

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
IT
Had this happen to me on my week old R1S as well. Luckily I found a workaround until they replaced the onboard charger. Here’s what I did:
As soon as I plugged it in I’d run into the truck, stop the charging after about 10 seconds, then started it for another 10 seconds, then stopped it again and kept repeating this about 3-4 more times until ultimately I’d let it keep going through the charging process and it charged without an issue. I tried everything and this is the only thing that worked. The service techs looked at me weird when I told them, but hey it worked and now that they replaced the on board charger I’ve had no issues.

OP
OP
SFsoundguy

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring

Sponsored

OP