Sponsored

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
There is zero surprise here. The R1T is just soooo quick and it really does handle well. I was impressed by that aspect of mine. It was just so planted, quick, and smoother than it should have been for all that weight.

If someone offered me either one though, I'd probably take the RaptorR. Totally stupid, totally wasteful, totally dumb, but more FUN. I did almost the same thing with my much slower BRaptor. Was my Rivian faster? Of course - waaaay faster! But despite all the amazing suspension wizardry of the R1T, it was not as fun and more of an occasion to drive. Where the Rivian was clinical (and great), it didn't have the feedback through the controls, didn't have the excitement that our Braptor has. Do I feel badly about world destroying ICE truck? Nah, I do must of my driving in our DD Ioniq 5. But when I do want to be a goof, it's just too fun...

OP
OP
tmmcgee

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
There is zero surprise here. The R1T is just soooo quick and it really does handle well. I was impressed by that aspect of mine. It was just so planted, quick, and smoother than it should have been for all that weight.

If someone offered me either one though, I'd probably take the RaptorR. Totally stupid, totally wasteful, totally dumb, but more FUN. I did almost the same thing with my much slower BRaptor. Was my Rivian faster? Of course - waaaay faster! But despite all the amazing suspension wizardry of the R1T, it was not as fun and more of an occasion to drive. Where the Rivian was clinical (and great), it didn't have the feedback through the controls, didn't have the excitement that our Braptor has. Do I feel badly about world destroying ICE truck? Nah, I do must of my driving in our DD Ioniq 5. But when I do want to be a goof, it's just too fun...
So I actually have a first gen Raptor with the 6.2 for this reason. It’s a different kind o fun than my R1T. Both amazing for their own reasons.
Sponsored