Sponsored

R2 Preview Invite in Austin

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So I saw that I'd gotten an email from Rivian tonight and it was a special invite for an exclusive R2 event in Austin this week. I clicked the RSVP about 40 minutes after receiving the email but it was already fully booked unfortunately. Not sure if anyone else on the forum had faster reactions than me and was able to get a spot, but for anyone else, if you get a similar email make sure to reserve immediately.
Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
VW ID4, R1T ( on order); Prev: R1T QM
I got it and I'm going with my SO. I wish I saw this previously or I would have added another guest and taken you with me.

I'll take some pictures and ask a lot of questions to see what I can get out of them, and post it on here, along with my thoughts.

EDIT: it looks like I can change my guest information. I'm pretty sure she can make it, but if something changes, I can let you know and I'm happy to include you instead, if you're cool meeting a creepy person from the Internet. 🤣

But, I won't know for sure until later in the week, Thursday morning at the earliest. Can't make any promises but just in case, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:

Swezey

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM LBP 21" Rivian Blue
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I caught the email 3 hours after it was sent... FML...

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I got it and I'm going with my SO. I wish I saw this previously or I would have added another guest and taken you with me.

I'll take some pictures and ask a lot of questions to see what I can get out of them, and post it on here, along with my thoughts.

EDIT: it looks like I can change my guest information. I'm pretty sure she can make it, but if something changes, I can let you know and I'm happy to include you instead, if you're cool meeting a creepy person from the Internet. 🤣

But, I won't know for sure until later in the week, Thursday morning at the earliest. Can't make any promises but just in case, I thought I'd throw it out there.
If she can't make it, I'll be there for sure and appreciate it. I simultaneously can and can't believe how quickly the reservations filled up.

Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

Is this R2 traveling across the country? An R2 is supposed to be on display in Orlando this Sunday (17th) as part of the Electrify Expo.

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler, 2023 R1S
SXSW preview. Curious how much media will be present. Or how many from south on hwy 71 & 130 will be there to inform you the charge port is on the wrong side.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
VW ID4, R1T ( on order); Prev: R1T QM
If she can't make it, I'll be there for sure and appreciate it. I simultaneously can and can't believe how quickly the reservations filled up.
Cool. Yeah, I thought there was a slim chance, so I signed up as soon as it came through just in case. But, glad to see the interest, even if it is amongst current Rivian owners, is high.

Side note - I wonder when they are opening the Austin Space, I was told in late 2022 that it would be late 2023, but it seems we are still a couple of months out. I'll bug them about that, too.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Cool. Yeah, I thought there was a slim chance, so I signed up as soon as it came through just in case. But, glad to see the interest, even if it is amongst current Rivian owners, is high.

Side note - I wonder when they are opening the Austin Space, I was told in late 2022 that it would be late 2023, but it seems we are still a couple of months out. I'll bug them about that, too.
Yeah and I think there will be other opportunities obviously with the Rivian spaces, but it would be cool to be one of the first people to get to see one in person. I guess I should clarify, is your reservation for Friday? When I got the email I thought the stars were aligning for me because Friday is a day off for me.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Im in! I kept randomly checking back to see if they would open more slots and I did! If you got the invite but were too late, I'd go back and try again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

OP
OP