Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

TLDW:

R2
Base R2 RWD (starts @ 2:42) - $47K @ 270 mi. R2 RWD, AWD, and tri-motor variants that get 300+ mi. of range.
Hey man, this is the second place I saw you posted the wrong information on the price.

$45k base. You're quoting a price that someone pulled from website source code that was 'leaked' days ago. RJ has said in multiple places, AND the website reflects $45k as base price. Figure you should update your numbers.

Rivian R1T R1S R2 / R3 Hands-on Impressions by MKBHD Marques Brownlee (w/ RJ Scaringe) -- exterior & interior 1709913196643
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The only thing I saw in the MKBHD video that I wish was different on the R2 is the dashboard vents once again look powered vs manual. If you look at the part where they're discussing the steering wheel.. you'll notice no tabs on the dashboard vents.. which means they're motorized.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Hey man, this is the second place I saw you posted the wrong information on the price.

$45k base. You're quoting a price that someone pulled from website source code that was 'leaked' days ago. RJ has said in multiple places, AND the website reflects $45k as base price. Figure you should update your numbers.

1709913196643.png
Yeah that was my fault! I didn’t notice until later yesterday. I appreciate it.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Video was helpful and there is lots to like (reservation already in). One (or first of many) question is about the second row. Is it a strict two-seater? Or can the armrest collapse for a third person? Not a deal breaker but definitely not optimal for my use case.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Torn between lack of rear wiper vs. operating rear window.
5th gen 4Runner has both. The rear glass still retracts and the wiper tucks up into the spoiler. Wouldn't really fit with the R2 ducted spoiler though.

Sponsored

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
That video is money. I will take those UI improvements in my R1T now, thank you. The R3X defines a new category altogether.

Tahoe Man

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Not sure why the love affair with this interview, if you can even call it that. It was nothing but RJ describing the vehicle. The questions weren't even in the softball league. Frankly it was just an ad disguised as an "interview".

That said, I think Rivian has a nice product lineup coming online (except for the truck) and I'm impressed with the R2 and 3, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to stay afloat.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Rewatched this video and noticed when they are showing the new UI that there is still a selection for ride (set to soft) on the drive modes screen. This makes me think they carried over the active dampening system from the R1, but with coils instead of air.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rewatched this video and noticed when they are showing the new UI that there is still a selection for ride (set to soft) on the drive modes screen. This makes me think they carried over the active dampening system from the R1, but with coils instead of air.
RJ has called it semi-active damping.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

RJ has called it semi-active damping.
The system on the R1 or the one that's going into the R2 (or both). I suppose adaptive dampening or independent dampening might be a better term.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Easy enough to do with air shocks.

Something to keep in mind, the software for the R2 is still in infancy and what Marques played with will likely not be the same as production.
Sponsored