Sponsored

R2 Wish List?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
From viewing all the R2 videos out there, like Kyle’s OOS, it seems that Rivian is open for suggestions. Curious to see what everyone’s top 3 features you would like to see on the R2 that you may not have seen yet?

Off the top for me in no particular order:
  • improved cameras compared to r1s
  • air compressor
  • 220 in the back
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepEVer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pocketpigskin.com
Vehicles
Tesla Performance Model 3, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Occupation
Cyber Security
  • Spare Tire (at least a compact if not full size)
  • Selectable Regenerative Braking levels like Tesla
  • Range extending driving mode (use only a single motor)
  • More capabilities in the mobile app

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
1) Off Button so the car sleeps/turns off completely when I want.
2) Quicker response when lock and unlock doors with key fob or paak.
3) Spare Tire

Dohmar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR, Subaru Forester Turbo SH9
Occupation
IT Professional
Hi folks
I agree with the above for sure ;
- improved cameras compared to r1s
- 220 in the back (specifically 10 amps safe delivery)
- Selectable Regenerative Braking levels like Tesla
- Range extending driving mode (use only a single motor)
- More capabilities in the mobile app
- Off Button so the car sleeps/turns off completely when I want. (Delorean BTTF 3 mode)
- 12v ports - where are they? I want more than 1 12v port in the rear, one in the front center console and one in the rear center console. Theres no excuse for not having 12v ports for CB/uhf or any number of accessories. I even have a 12v vacuum sealer for preserving meat/fish when camping, Would be bummed if I cant use it...

Debatable
- Air compressor - there is no adjustable suspension on the R2 but this is very handy, I just wonder how much extra it would add (hopefully not much). I have a 12v 150amp air compressor on my ICE car but i imagine it would be easier for rivian to standardize either a plug for direct 12v access or integrate it.

Australian/RHD Market only mods;
- Drive controls on RHD, Charging controls on LHD for kerbside charging, preferably the front left since we don't tend to reverse our cars into our garages or chargers.
- Full sized spare because I live in Australia and while we have long ranges travelled on highways, people are few and far between so help isn't as accessible as mainland USA
- I would want at least a full sized spare under the trunk cover, and if I was off-roading, I would strap a 2nd spare somewhere, either on the roof or hanging off the rear trunk door so its efficient

Prototype to Final Production mods;
- Wiper should be on the top and hidden under the aero spoiler
- Rear electrical link along with a proper towing hitch for trailers for brakes and such
-Would be nice to have HUD for speed monitoring or any alerts, and FLIR to spot wildlife in the country
- If Rivian wants us to camp in a car with a moon roof, it needs to have a sliding solar blind a) to help with a massive increase in UV radiation in Australia due to the lack of air pollution, b) If I'm camping, I want to sleep in as long as possible, so I want that car as dark as possible. More sunblunds!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JasonK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Smaller rim size option !8" would be great.
Locking differential option. (or an effective way to simulate It)
I also agree with the extended range using one motor option

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
Hi folks
I agree with the above for sure ;
- improved cameras compared to r1s
- 220 in the back (specifically 10 amps safe delivery)
- Selectable Regenerative Braking levels like Tesla
- Range extending driving mode (use only a single motor)
- More capabilities in the mobile app
- Off Button so the car sleeps/turns off completely when I want. (Delorean BTTF 3 mode)
- 12v ports - where are they? I want more than 1 12v port in the rear, one in the front center console and one in the rear center console. Theres no excuse for not having 12v ports for CB/uhf or any number of accessories. I even have a 12v vacuum sealer for preserving meat/fish when camping, Would be bummed if I cant use it...

Debatable
- Air compressor - there is no adjustable suspension on the R2 but this is very handy, I just wonder how much extra it would add (hopefully not much). I have a 12v 150amp air compressor on my ICE car but i imagine it would be easier for rivian to standardize either a plug for direct 12v access or integrate it.

Australian/RHD Market only mods;
- Drive controls on RHD, Charging controls on LHD for kerbside charging, preferably the front left since we don't tend to reverse our cars into our garages or chargers.
- Full sized spare because I live in Australia and while we have long ranges travelled on highways, people are few and far between so help isn't as accessible as mainland USA
- I would want at least a full sized spare under the trunk cover, and if I was off-roading, I would strap a 2nd spare somewhere, either on the roof or hanging off the rear trunk door so its efficient

Prototype to Final Production mods;
- Wiper should be on the top and hidden under the aero spoiler
- Rear electrical link along with a proper towing hitch for trailers for brakes and such
-Would be nice to have HUD for speed monitoring or any alerts, and FLIR to spot wildlife in the country
- If Rivian wants us to camp in a car with a moon roof, it needs to have a sliding solar blind a) to help with a massive increase in UV radiation in Australia due to the lack of air pollution, b) If I'm camping, I want to sleep in as long as possible, so I want that car as dark as possible. More sunblunds!
Oh yeah. I forgot about the regen. I completely agree on that one.

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

From viewing all the R2 videos out there, like Kyle’s OOS, it seems that Rivian is open for suggestions. Curious to see what everyone’s top 3 features you would like to see on the R2 that you may not have seen yet?

Off the top for me in no particular order:
  • improved cameras compared to r1s
  • air compressor
  • 220 in the back
Make it like R3X!

Utah-Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Subaru Accent, R2 slot reserved
In no particular order except the seats:

1) The seats need to be the same shape/fit as the R1! I do not want uncomfortable Subaru seats

HUD would be amazing, my Mini Countryman has one that comes up from the dash when turned on so it actually projected on the windshield. I really think HUD is a safety enhancement.

Dual motor and 350 miles real world range

MacJoC

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer (R2 reserved)
- Spare tire
- CarPlay
- Move the dang charging port!

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think what they have disclosed so far sounds good.

Only thing I would like to see is more AC power output. Sounds like RJ said it will have the ability to do that with an onboard converter that will allow AC output through the charge port, if it does that and allows output similar to the ford pro power it would be great.

ender_okc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Genesis GV70
Occupation
IT
I want a really good sounding stereo please :)

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

- Good range options in whatever R2 variations they come with
- More color options (both interior and exterior)
- Sensible tire/wheel options, and not go like the 21" on my R1S which is currently made by a single company
- Better regen options
- Good sound dampening. Does not need to be super high end luxury, but if they get a decent continental sort of tire which would reduce road noise, that would add to the NVH
- NO speaker (that thing is useless), but if that space is going to be there, make it usable
- Better cameras as others have mentioned
- Some self park or equivalent (via subscription or otherwise, no preference). Given this will be a 2026 release, many other manufacturers would come out with that, so Rivian needs to be competitive in that space as well

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

odometer on main screen

analog compass

cow bell