Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A level 3 station or two peppered here and there, where nothing currently exists, will allow all of us easier access to the areas that these vehicles were built to conquer.
I don’t see the problem. Most Starbucks are well within the range of the average Rivian owner.

theyoungone

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
theyoungone,

I'm with you on this issue. I get the desire to build out the RAN where much of the Rivian population lives, but if these are truly "Adventure Vehicles", fill in the map of the U.S. to allow us to adventure throughout the land. At the very least, fill in the blank spots that look so glaring within the RAN map. A level 3 station or two peppered here and there, where nothing currently exists, will allow all of us easier access to the areas that these vehicles were built to conquer.

I've been talking about Central/Eastern Oregon, Northern Nevada, and the Intermountain West area for years. Putting one of the early stations in Madras, Oregon, is a great start, but another in Burns, Oregon, would make East-West and North-South traverses of Oregon possible. I know a number of Rivian owners here who would love to open up Steens Mountain and the Alvord Desert to exploration. As of now, rolling across that vast part of my state involves an adventure that puckers the backside. None of the major networks have done much there. Just because Anxiety and Adventure are close in the dictionary doesn't mean they were intended to be neighbors that barbeque together. Others have, and hopefully will continue to chime in about other locations in need of some, or any charging, including your state of Alabama. Afterall, Tesla's widescale adoption really came about once the "no-roll zones" were filled in with Superchargers.
man I understand their desire for remote locations but honestly how about filling in some major interstates as well. I-20 runs from across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, AND Texas. Like come on. I-10. I-5. All of it.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

man I understand their desire for remote locations but honestly how about filling in some major interstates as well. I-20 runs from across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, AND Texas. Like come on. I-10. I-5. All of it.
Absolutely hit those rural Interstates, but don't forget the US Highways that fill in the areas in between. As Pirsig said (and I'm paraphrasing...poorly...), it's those squiggly lines on the map where the big fun is.

In Oregon [fill in any of a number of other states here], the vast amount of the state is nowhere close to an Interstate. Even one central charging location would open up thousands of square miles that are not yet available. While they may not get great amounts of usage, at least they'd help in shutting up my Neanderthal friend who has "Diesel or Die!" tattooed on his neck and his third wife's thigh. (I just made that up. It's not really on his neck...)

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Absolutely hit those rural Interstates, but don't forget the US Highways that fill in the areas in between. As Pirsig said (and I'm paraphrasing...poorly...), it's those squiggly lines on the map where the big fun is.

In Oregon [fill in any of a number of other states here], the vast amount of the state is nowhere close to an Interstate. Even one central charging location would open up thousands of square miles that are not yet available. While they may not get great amounts of usage, at least they'd help in shutting up my Neanderthal friend who has "Diesel or Die!" tattooed on his neck and his third wife's thigh. (I just made that up. It's not really on his neck...)
Specifically we need Burns and Sisters. Then I'm basically happy for OR 🙂

Likewise WA needs Packwood, Mazama/Winthrop, and Glacier.

Excited to see routes like the 101 getting fleshed out, especially trailer friendly, but they're not really opening up any "adventures" that aren't already covered by public CCS networks.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Excited to see routes like the 101 getting fleshed out, especially trailer friendly, but they're not really opening up any "adventures" that aren't already covered by public CCS networks.
Let’s add Rome and Fields Oregon to the list…..or maybe Denio jct.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'd like to see Joseph/Enterprise as well for a fast charger in OR. Otherwise big thumbs up to your other suggested locations.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
CCS is the North American standardized connector. Absolutely not proprietary. Rivian just doesn't have the network open to every vehicle. My guess is Rivian will hit that milestone before Tesla anyway.
.. proprietary implementation

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
This images are transposed, right? I really hope so or getting that cable to reach your charge port is going to be difficult.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian charging stations currently being installed in Crescent City, CA 1675289964616

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
This images are transposed, right? I really hope so or getting that cable to reach your charge port is going to be difficult.

1675289964616.png
Looks good to me. The left one is same as OPs. Better than having to twist (I mean wrestle) an EA cable

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I don't get the whole RAN anyway. Instead of cutting people they should just abandon concept of being in the charging business....

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Looks good to me. The left one is same as OPs. Better than having to twist (I mean wrestle) an EA cable
I guess I'm seeing it now. You plug into the one in front of the space rather than the one to the side one to the side of the space. I guess that's fine.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I just love that this does absolutely nothing to help the other 95% of the country where we have ZERO RAN chargers. Maybe it should start being called the RCAN - Rivian CALIFORNIA Adventure Network 🙃
There is one in WA state, and a couple in Oregon.

So how about the BCAN or Best Coast Adventure Network.
Sponsored