First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Your patience is remarkable. I try my best, but am humbled by your combination of patience and persistence. It’s a rare quality.
Thank you for the compliment! When it comes to things I can’t control it’s easier for me to be that way. My delivery estimate is April-May, so I figured I would wait until closer to the end of that before I started pushing them for more action so they couldn’t just use that as an excuse even though it was clear something else was going on.

Plus I have a truck that I love and still runs just fine so there was nothing like that pushing my timeline. The only real downside is that interest rates have gone up since March.:asshat:
Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
1) 0-5 RAN’s = slut
2) 6-10 RAN’s = ho
3) 11-15 RAN’s = pro
4) 16+ RAN’s = pimp

JJ is about to be promoted.
Well, shit.
For the record, I have used 3 recently, so I guess that makes me a slut. Then again, I have used the Lincoln City, OR RAN multiple times. Plus I used the new one in Roseburg, OR and finally the one in West Sacramento, CA at the local REI twice each, coming and going to a wedding in Livermore, CA last weekend. So based on merit alone, I could be a ho.

Oh, by the way, The Lincoln City RAN is awesome and easy to get in and out of the area. It's on the south side of the parking lot for the Lincoln City Outlets mall.

The brand new Roseburg, OR location in also fairly easy in and out, and is located on the East side of I-5 near 5 Guys and Elmer's, so there is that.

I cannot in good faith recommend the West Sacramento, CA RAN if you are traveling on a tight schedule, unless you have some sense of the area. It is not an easy on and off the freeway setup. You need to drive a bit on surface roads and it's through parts of older Sacramento, meaning narrow streets and quick decisions. The RAN is located at a large, very busy REI store, and right down the street is Cal Expo which has numerous events and fairs throughout the warmer weather months. Expect a wait if you do go. Oh, and then there was the Chevy Mach-E guy that took the 300 kW charger and plugged in for over an hour, knowing that he wouldn't actually charge. We were also fooled by the two chargers that sported large blue handicapped signs that appeared to mean you couldn't charge unless you had the handicap rear view mirror hanging tag or plates. After I saw several Rivians use these two chargers, I wandered over and took a closer look. At the bottom of the sign, in small print, it read that it was Handicap Priority, meaning it was OK to use these chargers, but you would need to unplug and move if a handicapped person driving a Rivian wanted to use the charger. Live and learn.

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
My delivery estimate is April-May, so I figured I would wait until closer to the end of that before I started pushing them for more action…….:asshat:
Captain Obvious would like to point out that May 28 is close to the end of May.

IIRC you had also been led to expect a pre-Xmas delivery, no?

Hell, we should all lean into them on your behalf.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Captain Obvious would like to point out that May 28 is close to the end of May.

IIRC you had also been led to expect a pre-Xmas delivery, no?

Hell, we should all lean into them on your behalf.
Captain Obvious’ calendar skills are much appreciated!

They indeed had said a pre Christmas delivery was “possible”, but since I live on planet earth I never expected that. It was the bizarre period after telling me I had a VIN in February that made no sense. I chose to focus on the “estimate” part of delivery estimate so I didn’t go insane.

I should have shop access this week so it won’t be much longer! 🤞🏼

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Aardvark