First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Banff and Lake Louise are where my wife wanted to go for her Birthday week in October of 2014.
We went up for my wife's birthday in 2017! I think Banff would be a difficult place to come away from with memories that aren't fantastic. Unfortunately that was one of the summers where we have established a new normal of having a 5th season from August into October, and we're really limited in both visibility and air quality.

We plan to head back again, but covid obviously has delayed that. It's one of the few places that is on our long term list to consider buying a little home away from home to sneak away to.
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
That brings back some of the best memories of my life! Banff and Lake Louise are where my wife wanted to go for her Birthday week in October of 2014. We ended up having some of the best weather for that time of year that many locals could ever recall.

The people were wonderful and the scenery is unlike anything I've seen, possibly short of the Alps. Even the Tetons pale by comparison, only because of the way you're immersed in the Canadian Rockies on that drive North to the lakes,

In the U.S., the Tetons rule, but the endless peaks up North just keep on coming as you sweep through them, following the Bow River that flows between the two Ridgelines, the Western one making up the Continental Divide..

Please don't take offense, Greg. ?
20141005_150624.jpg
20141005_142443.jpg
20141005_144034.jpg
20141005_183831.jpg

My turn ?
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos B1E9B20F-10A2-4832-8A44-080ECEF847F1
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos E3D57BF4-D455-40F2-BFB4-7FFA7EDE3BAA
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos C527676A-E0E3-44CC-B536-73362E024E13

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

@kanundrum thanks for bringing this back on topic. It's sad to say I am looking forward more to Banff than a Rivian right now..

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Son of a…. I was in Breck all weekend and keeping my eyes peeled for any potential Rivian spottings, but never saw one.
I just had the exact same thought.

I was camping off of Boreas Pass all weekend, and mountain biking some of the trails in SE Breck.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Son of a…. I was in Breck all weekend and keeping my eyes peeled for any potential Rivian spottings, but never saw one.
Does anyone have the technical know-how to institute a Nationwide Amber Alert System solely for Rivian sightings?

I have the audio alert down. Perhaps someone else could handle the rest of the technology? I know this is the perfect audio notification, as both of my cats completely freaked out immediately.
⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠

https://www.google.com/search?q=mem...ate=ive&vld=cid:a448e177,vid:LajWEaWuRyI,st:0

Ronaldinho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Trans Am, 76 CB750, PDM Max R1T
Clubs

Hump= Under Seat Storage, you can make out the rails/drawers
Color: Base Coat prior to painting, probably base coat for a Launch Green Id imagine or any other color really.
Thanks, you're right. I missed seeing that hump/platform in many of the other body pictures. I'm curious to see what concessions max-pack order holders are in for space-wise vs the large pack trucks.

I wasn't sure if that could possibly be midnight under some really bright fluorescent lighting. Or like you said a base coat for the darker colors. IIRC, that video of the compass yellow going through the spray booth had a much lighter base/primer.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Has Rivian said, or did DuckTruck see, that the rearview mirror is camera-based? My RAV4-Prime has that feature and its so nice. With a bed tent setup like that which Rivian is clearly promoting there was have to be a camera sourced image to preserve the rearview mirror vital purpose.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Has Rivian said, or did DuckTruck see, that the rearview mirror is camera-based? My RAV4-Prime has that feature and its so nice. With a bed tent setup like that which Rivian is clearly promoting there was have to be a camera sourced image to preserve the rearview mirror vital purpose.
It would be nice for sure. However, I'm think the backup camera for the R1T is on the tailgate, not the one in the spoiler. That's where most of them are on trucks and RJ confirmed there's a tailgate camera in the Q&A.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian CS has previously stated that the rear view mirror is NOT a screen, but is just a traditional mirror. Of course, things are always subject to change -- but I wouldn't hold my breath on this feature.
Sponsored