Sponsored

flush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
tech
Waiting for an install video to see if i should switch from waiting for rock sliders to getting these.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Fisheries science
I was about to buy them, added them to the cart and the price went up $300 …… and my bad. The no paint option adds 300. Site didnt change the price right away.

Last edited:

TPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Toyota Sequoia, KTM 690 Enduro R
Very interested in these as well. Definitely need some pictures of the underbody with these mounted and some specs like weight, clearance height for the doors, etc. Thanks!

davew

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
These look great but I need more info on the ease of installation before I purchase. I'm not sure if this is a job I can handle myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
I got a few photos together of the underside and the basic steps for install so you know what you'd be looking at. We are working on an install video too. I'll get more specs like weight and clearance height for the doors, and post that info once I have it. Here is what I have right now @Chris TX @Stevetom84 @iansriv @Ademarog @TPL @davew Thanks!

Here is photo showing top and underside of the running boards.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_E3750.JPG

To install, start with removing the lower trim.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3302.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3331.JPG

Next remove 4 bolts (5 for the R1T) using a TP55 and mount the supplied brackets in place.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3334.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3354.JPG

If you do not want to put the lower plastic trim back on, you can mount the boards right here. If you would like to slot the lower plastics and reinstall, we provide info for modifying them.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3377.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3413.JPG

Next up is mounting the running boards. This is as simple putting in and tightening 2 bolts per bracket. You do have some adjustability inwards and outwards to find your perfect spot.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3438.JPG

Repeat for the other side and you're finished!
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_3452.JPG

TPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Toyota Sequoia, KTM 690 Enduro R

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I am happy to introduce the RealWheels EV All Stainless Steel Running Boards. We’ve engineered these Rivian specific stainless steel running boards to be able to endure the toughest elements while enhancing the appearance and function of your Rivian. We offer them in both a hand-polished satin finish to compliment the factory silver trim, or a classic black powder coated finish. They feature our Real-Grip™ stepping surface for maximum grip and water drainage.

RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards

What differentiates RealWheels EV Running Boards from the other ones out there?
  • All Stainless Steel Construction
  • Real-Grip™ Stepping Surface
  • Two Finishes available
  • Full Length to Maximize Stepping Surface
  • Made in the USA

Stainless Steel Construction
  • What most people would consider the biggest benefit, RWC EV Running Boards and mounting brackets are made completely from 304 Non-Magnetic Stainless Steel, not carbon steel like other available Rivian running boards. That means that our running boards will NEVER rust. Carbon steel may be less expensive, but they will not allow you the durability and longevity that only Stainless Steel can offer. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ll never have to worry about seeing any unsightly rust with the RWC EV Stainless Steel Running Boards.
Real-Grip™ Stepping Surface
  • A highly important measure that doesn’t get discussed about much, is the actual step surface. RWC EV offers Real-Grip™ a true non-slip extruded tread design. This unique cut pattern gets extruded upward creating multiple contact points and ensures that you will have maximum grip stepping into or out of your Rivian, regardless of if it is dry, wet, oily, or snow packed. These same openings also allow for rapid water drainage, so you won’t have to worry about puddles on your boards. The unique 3D look of the stepping surface is exclusive to the Real-Grip™ tread design.

Two Finishes Available
  • The choice is yours, satin brushed or classic black? The RWC EV Running Boards are the only ones available in a hand-polished satin finish. Because we make our boards out of stainless steel, we can offer a bold unique look that complements the factory silver touches on your Rivian.
  • Prefer the black powder coated finish to match the lower trim? No problem. Since our boards are made from stainless steel regardless of finish, you will get all of the same benefits plus a durable black finish that is designed to last without ever having to worry about rust.

Full Length to Maximize Stepping Surface
  • The RWC EV running boards are designed to go from end to end to maximize your stepping surface. On the R1S we brought the Real-Grip™ stepping surface as far back as possible and rounded it out to give you the most surface area for people or your little ones stepping in or out of the back. Giving full confidence being able to plant your foot completely on the stepping surface. The boards for the R1T extend all the way towards the rear to allow you bed or roof access from the running boards.

Made in the USA
  • Our Stainless Steel Running Boards are made right here in the USA. We look at the little things that add up to making a difference. We fully weld each tube closed, so you don’t have to worry about plastic end caps falling off. We tig weld each and every component of boards, so you don't have to deal with bolting down the stepping surface. We hand polish the finish. From the first bend in the tubing, to laser cutting, welding, satin polishing or powder coating, we handle every operation to ensure the highest level of quality for your Rivian.
Check out our site for more information.
RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards

IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_5156.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3455.JPG
IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_3461.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_1453.JPEG
IMG_5159.JPG
IMG_3165.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_4303.JPG
Any discounts for members?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We had to opportunity to meet another great forum member and install a set of our black Stainless Steel running boards on his R1S the other day. They came out awesome! The R1 will be getting a bath soon after the freshly installed RWCev running boards.

And take a look at the lower plastic trim panels after installation, I don't think you could get a tighter fitting set. Our instructions give you the option for a fine fit allowing you to install yours this same way. Thanks again Robert!

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_4072

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_4076
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_4062
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_4061
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Stainless Steel Running Boards IMG_4060

https://www.realwheelsev.com/products/stainless-steel-side-steps-rivian

DrG

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Scientist
We had to opportunity to meet another great forum member and install a set of our black Stainless Steel running boards on his R1S the other day. They came out awesome! The R1 will be getting a bath soon after the freshly installed RWCev running boards.

And take a look at the lower plastic trim panels after installation, I don't think you could get a tighter fitting set. Our instructions give you the option for a fine fit allowing you to install yours this same way. Thanks again Robert!

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4076.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg
IMG_4061.jpeg
IMG_4060.jpeg

https://www.realwheelsev.com/products/stainless-steel-side-steps-rivian
Looks great! Any progress with the video? Or can you share the step-by-step instructions? I can't find them on your website. Ready to purchase...just want some reassurance that this is a manageable DIY project.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Will you make a set that can be used as rock sliders as well?

OP
OP
RealWheelsEV

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks great! Any progress with the video? Or can you share the step-by-step instructions? I can't find them on your website. Ready to purchase...just want some reassurance that this is a manageable DIY project.
Thank you! I sent you a DM with some more info. There are quick step by step instruction photos a little earlier in this thread that you can take a look at too. Should have a video ready in the next couple of weeks that I’ll post up once it’s all set.
Sponsored