Sponsored

Regen braking in conserve mode vs other modes

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
While I was driving the truck in conserve mode which uses just the front two motors and the rear mechanically disengage, I was using the regen braking and it felt pretty much the same as the other modes. Which made me thing if only the front two motors (or maybe just 1?) do the actual regen braking rather than all motors. The rear motors may or may not be engaged unless they engage during regen braking only? I don't know but I was interested in how that works.

Anyone have any inside knowledge know which motors are used for regen braking, even with conserve mode? Would the two motor version of the truck be different? Just curious...
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Regen feels considerably stronger to me when in AP compared to Conserve.

Do you have regen set to low? Are you fully lifting your foot from the pedal at speed?

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I have regen set to High in all driving modes and cannot tell a difference from Conserve to AP under regen.

OP
OP

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just got my truck the other week so I just turned on conserve mode during more in-town driving so not at high speeds so it was hard to see exactly how much different the regen braking was, I will have to do back to back comparision to see if it is stronger with all 4 motors engaged. I do have it set to the highest regen setting.

But if you say it's much stronger in all purpose then that seems that all motors play a part regen braking... I'll try it again.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
But if you say it's much stronger in all purpose then that seems that all motors play a part regen braking... I'll try it again.
They definitely do.

Sponsored

RYU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have been observing this a lot. Nerding out on stuff like is fun for me. I notice no difference in regen braking between Conserve and AP. However, I do notice a difference in regen when the battery is near full (85% or greater) and when the battery is cold.

Are you sure you folks are making comparisons at the same battery state?

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
While I was driving the truck in conserve mode which uses just the front two motors and the rear mechanically disengage, I was using the regen braking and it felt pretty much the same as the other modes. Which made me thing if only the front two motors (or maybe just 1?) do the actual regen braking rather than all motors. The rear motors may or may not be engaged unless they engage during regen braking only? I don't know but I was interested in how that works.

Anyone have any inside knowledge know which motors are used for regen braking, even with conserve mode? Would the two motor version of the truck be different? Just curious...
Front brakes typically do 65-80% of the work when normally braking, and the actual bias won't be noticeable if you're not in a traction limited scenario.

If you're on a slick surface or dirt you can notice because the car will 'push' a lot more especially if braking and turning using front braking only.
Sponsored