Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Looks really nice! Seems like these are the perfect balance of on-road and off-road aesthetic without much of a hit to range or increased road noise. Nobody uses tire conditioner? LOL
Yes, it’s a more comfortable ride than Pirelli 22” stock tires and range seems to be on par with the 20” all terrains. Got 2.0 mi/kwh at 70 mph on a 50 mile trip but at 40 degrees. Here’s a pic with tire shine.

Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) IMG_8531
Sponsored

Gentilly7

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Real Estate Investor, IT Consultant, Small Business Owner
Yes, it’s a more comfortable ride than Pirelli 22” stock tires and range seems to be on par with the 20” all terrains. Got 2.0 mi/kwh at 70 mph on a 50 mile trip but at 40 degrees. Here’s a pic with tire shine.

IMG_8531.png
Now that’s fresh to DEF! Looks super sharp with the green. I thought they would get slightly better range than the 20” AT config? Oh well….

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Now that’s fresh to DEF! Looks super sharp with the green. I thought they would get slightly better range than the 20” AT config? Oh well….
I logged a little over 14k miles on these before switching to my winter set up around Thanksgiving. Below is a link to my 11k mile update. I updated again when switching over (at 14k-ish) but can’t find the thread. Short version is, still even wear, right at 2.0 mi/kWh (which includes a few weeks of colder temps) and at least 50% life left with no discernible increase in noise.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...delivery-spec-build-journal.14285/post-420670

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just tried ordering the Terrain Contact A/T from Tire Rack and just received an email from them that the tire does not meet the speed rating requirement (rating is T and H is required). They are saying that due to this, most tire shops, including Discount Tire, will not install these on my R1S.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm fairly certain there isn't another version with a speed rating of H.

Thanks,
Ben

OP
OP

DubuqueMTB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T blue, black 22"s
Clubs

I just tried ordering the Terrain Contact A/T from Tire Rack and just received an email from them that the tire does not meet the speed rating requirement (rating is T and H is required). They are saying that due to this, most tire shops, including Discount Tire, will not install these on my R1S.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm fairly certain there isn't another version with a speed rating of H.

Thanks,
Ben
I ran into a similar issue with discount tire (they wouldn’t install due to load rating slightly lower than OEM)

I ordered through simple tire and had them installed at Firestone without issue

Sponsored

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Thanks,
Ben
No issue with tirebuyer.com and local independent shop that specializes in track vehicles, autocross etc. They even had road force balancing. T is fine, 118 mph and Rivian top speed is 112 mph so just find somewhere else.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Short efficiency update after a few hundred miles, I’m getting 2.14 mi/kwh. Was getting 2.30 with stock tires. I will track for longer and update but seems like these are a little better than stock 20”.

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Short efficiency update after a few hundred miles, I’m getting 2.14 mi/kwh. Was getting 2.30 with stock tires. I will track for longer and update but seems like these are a little better than stock 20”.
Sorry, am I not reading this right? 2.14 MPK seems worse than 2.3 MPK, right?

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, am I not reading this right? 2.14 MPK seems worse than 2.3 MPK, right?
Stock 22” road tires was 2.3. I was trying to say these Continental 22” all terrain are a little better than stock 20” all terrain which is a 10% or so reduction from 22” road tires.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian has these on the R3X prototype. Wonder if they will move on from
Pirelli only. R2 had Goodyears.

Sponsored

Purpleemperor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Thanks,
Ben
Did you try calling your discount tire shop. In my experience, the guys there will know if a certain tire's ratings are sufficient or not. My local shop had no problems installing them.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Ordered my Continental Terrain Contact A/Ts (115T XL) through Discount Tire and they installed them. There was never any mention of they were not load rated for an R1T.

Love the tires! Little more road noise, but worth the A/T and only a slight loss in range.
Sponsored