First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Reconfirmed that the $110 won't qualify on these.

Thanks to OP for posting this. I do have a Question for anyone still watching this thread. These are A/T and I spent last winter in Utah (deepest ever on record) on my factory 22" tires. Yes, I got a lot of grief on these forums, but they really did quite excellent with Snow mode and I live in the mountains and have to go over a pass anytime I leave the valley. Also went skiing 40+ days. Never had a scary moment except once when it went sideways (prior to snow mode).

I am now 21k in on them and they are scary on wet roads, let alone snowy. I am definitely getting something new. I would prefer to avoid buying dedicated snow tires as I would likely move to 20" so I would need wheels and rims. Any experience with these Continentals in snow yet?

Also, Load index of 115. Any concerns there?
I would not be concerned about 115s, the original vehicles had 115s and looking at the max axel rating even 113s exceed it.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would not be concerned about 115s, the original vehicles had 115s and looking at the max axel rating even 113s exceed it.
Yup my truck has 115s stock OEM.

advan24r

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60 Polestar Extended Range, Toyota Sienna,
Occupation
Self-employed
Just curious if anyone of you would consider 285/55/22 size or 285/50/22 size just for a "bit more" comfort? I'm researching if these sizes would fit w/o rubbing. I've only found that on KNEEL mode it will rub which I'm currently confused if it's the same as SPORT mode on it's LOWEST setting or not.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Kneel is one step lower than Conserve, thats why it has a limited speed on that setting.

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Since I just posted this in another thread on 22s, figured it was worth adding here.

Swapped the TerrainContact ATs for my winter set up a few days ago. This is what wear looks like on the Contis with 14k miles.

Didn’t use tread depth gauge (will circle back), but would say they easily have 50-60% tread life left and have worn very evenly.

IMG_1453_jpg.jpeg

IMG_1454_jpg.jpeg

IMG_1455_jpg.jpeg

Also, this shows how much wider they are than the OE Pirellis ... despite being the same (stated) size. (OE with 400 miles of wear on the right and Contis with 14k on the left)

Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) IMG_1456_

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
SimpleTire has a great deal on the HT version right now…

Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) IMG_0234

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just curious if anyone of you would consider 285/55/22 size or 285/50/22 size just for a "bit more" comfort? I'm researching if these sizes would fit w/o rubbing. I've only found that on KNEEL mode it will rub which I'm currently confused if it's the same as SPORT mode on it's LOWEST setting or not.
When I did my R1S measurement with the tailgate down, Sport Lowest was the lowest setting at almost 1/2 inch lower than kneel mode.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wow great deal, AT also has 15% discount in the cart.
I ended up ordering a set of the HTs. Will report back once installed!

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Anyone have any updates? I’m looking to place my order but still deciding which to get.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone have any updates? I’m looking to place my order but still deciding which to get.
None for me mine are just sitting in the garage until Spring as I currently have my Michelin X-Ice installed.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Placed my order for the A/T.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Install day...thanks for the assist @Discount Tire!

The store experience was flawless, outside of just being busy and taking a little bit longer than anticipated. They didn't have any issues with this tire job!

Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) 20240123_131500
Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) 20240123_132926

Last edited:

Tbirdjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
I found out what the absolute limit is for the OEM 22" pirellis - 24,625. I limped into the tire shop with cords showing on the front left tire. I had scheduled the install of winter tires three weeks prior but they messed up twice on delivery of the Blizzaks so I found some Michelin X-ice that fit. Buying in Jan meant there was nearly zero stock of anything for 22" left.

Overall it took me 45 days from the time I started to install, but only after ordering from TireRack on my own (and saving $280 over DiscountTire's price for the same). So I know, I know. No need to trash me for running on these. The options for 22" are so limited when considering EV and weight.

They put them into recycle before I got a chance to take a pic of all four. This is just the one.

Do the big Q, now, is what to get in the spring when I take off the winter tires?

Rivian R1T R1S 22” Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires resulted in a negligible INCREASE in efficiency (2.07 mi/kwh) compared to OEM Pirellis (2.04 mi/kwh) IMG_4087

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I found out what the absolute limit is for the OEM 22" pirellis - 24,625. I limped into the tire shop with cords showing on the front left tire. I had scheduled the install of winter tires three weeks prior but they messed up twice on delivery of the Blizzaks so I found some Michelin X-ice that fit. Buying in Jan meant there was nearly zero stock of anything for 22" left.

Overall it took me 45 days from the time I started to install, but only after ordering from TireRack on my own (and saving $280 over DiscountTire's price for the same). So I know, I know. No need to trash me for running on these. The options for 22" are so limited when considering EV and weight.

They put them into recycle before I got a chance to take a pic of all four. This is just the one.

Do the big Q, now, is what to get in the spring when I take off the winter tires?

IMG_4087 jpg.jpg
Ha that looks AWFUL - mine weren't close to that but at 12,000 were downright dangerous in the snow, I was all over the place.

I plan on running Michelin X-ice in the winter and the Terrain Contact HT in the summer (opted for the HT over the AT version as I do most of my driving on highway).
Sponsored