Required IRS statement not provided

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Been a long time since I posted, but thought I'd pop back on with a PSA.

Took delivery of my R1S (switched from the R1T), last Saturday
Rivian R1T R1S Required IRS statement not provided 1674686020848

As a qualified manufacturer, Rivian agreed to a number of things. Among those is providing a report at the time of purchase (in 2023) with information required to file for the Tax Credit.

Rivian R1T R1S Required IRS statement not provided 1674686783305

see Section 5 on page 15 for details
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-22-42.pdf

I doubt if there is any urgency to getting this, but if they don't report the same info to the IRS it is very likely that the Tax Credit will be denied when filing 2023 taxes (Rivian has until 15 days after the calendar year to report the info to the IRS - January 15th, 2024)

My Guide is passing this info along. I'll be persistent until I get the required documentation.
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Did sign a purchase agreement in August? Otherwise, I expect that you don't qualify and therefore don't need any of those documents.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Been a long time since I posted, but thought I'd pop back on with a PSA.

Took delivery of my R1S (switched from the R1T), last Saturday
1674686020848.png

As a qualified manufacturer, Rivian agreed to a number of things. Among those is providing a report at the time of purchase (in 2023) with information required to file for the Tax Credit.

1674686783305.png

see Section 5 on page 15 for details
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-22-42.pdf

I doubt if there is any urgency to getting this, but if they don't report the same info to the IRS it is very likely that the Tax Credit will be denied when filing 2023 taxes (Rivian has until 15 days after the calendar year to report the info to the IRS - January 15th, 2024)

My Guide is passing this info along. I'll be persistent until I get the required documentation.
So they have 50 weeks to do this?

OP
OP

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
The August PBA is worthless by IRS guidelines, and in any case would not apply for deliveries after Dec 31st. 2022.
Purchase was under $80K, adjusted income is under the cap, assembled in North America, battery restrictions delayed until the day after the IRS issues the guidelines so the old formula based on battery size is used to calculate tax credit amount.

So they have 50 weeks to do this?
They have until Jan 15th next year to report to the IRS (allows the IRS to check the validity of deductions by taxpayers)
They are required to provide the report to the taxpayer at time of purchase.
Sponsored