Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Oh boy. Didn't realize the can of worms I was opening.

My only point was that it seems, to me, to be a rendering of the color, not an actual photo. I'm looking forward to seeing a real photo of a vehicle painted in limestone some day, but today is not that day.

Also, we didn't really land on the moon. Apollo 11 just fell off the edge of our flat earth while we were being visited by aliens.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Oh boy. Didn't realize the can of worms I was opening.

My only point was that it seems, to me, to be a rendering of the color, not an actual photo. I'm looking forward to seeing a real photo of a vehicle painted in limestone some day, but today is not that day.

Also, we didn't really land on the moon. Apollo 11 just fell off the edge of our flat earth while we were being visited by aliens.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. 1643758961382

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The Canyon Red clearly has the chrome lettering. So does the Compass Yellow, although you really have to look at the hi-res to see it. What the hi-res image also reveals, however, is color bleed resulting from the jpeg compression (especially on the tips of the letters).

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. cy_logo_zoom

The issue with the Limestone pic isn't so much that the chrome letters looks body colored instead of chrome, but the fact that the yellow on the sides of the letters is completely missing (something the photo angle should have clearly revealed).

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. limestone_letters

Compare with the letters in the El Cap image that show the yellow sides of the letters:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. elcap_letters

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The Canyon Red clearly has the chrome lettering. So does the Compass Yellow, although you really have to look at the hi-res to see it. What the hi-res image also reveals, however, is color bleed resulting from the jpeg compression (especially on the tips of the letters).

cy_logo_zoom.png

The issue with the Limestone pic isn't so much that the chrome letters looks body colored instead of chrome, but the fact that the yellow on the sides of the letters is completely missing (something the photo angle should have clearly revealed).

limestone_letters.png

Compare with the letters in the El Cap image that show the yellow sides of the letters:

elcap_letters.png

Possibly just slapping some spare non yellowed logos left over from the factory on a test paint vehicle? Would be a valid explanation Id imagine.

Red seems maybe the same unless my color blindness is kicking in

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. 1643759289179

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Colors Feature (including Limestone!!): EARTH TONES - The inspiration behind the Rivian palette. 1643759310948

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

cy_logo_zoom.png

limestone_letters.png

elcap_letters.png
I disagree about the yellow... I have several photos I took where you can't see yellow on the sides.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Hood logo doesn't have the yellow & appears body color as well.

The other thing I noticed that didn't seem right is that there appears to be a shimmer/sheen that is consistent with much more metal flake in the paint. Could it be that it is a color edit on top of silver or El Cap?

I'm on the fence on whether this is real or a render of some sort. Trying not to be paranoid, and that would be a real **** move on the part of Rivian to put out a faked pic.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

The other thing I noticed that didn't seem right is that there appears to be a shimmer/sheen that is consistent with much more metal flake in the paint. Could it be that it is a color edit on top of silver or El Cap?

I'm on the fence on whether this is real or a render of some sort. Trying not to be paranoid, and that would be a real **** move on the part of Rivian to put out a faked pic.
I don't really think it's a big deal one way or the other. Honestly, I wish they'd take the time to photoshop some R1S images too! Besides, with the way these paint colors shift based on lighting, no photo will ever capture all the nuances.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

yeah - The hood logo is what I saw first. It's not a 3D render like the configurator photos.

I suspect it's a real photo of an LA Silver truck from a previous photo shoot and they have adjusted it to match what Limestone will look like.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I don't really think it's a big deal one way or the other. Honestly, I wish they'd take the time to photoshop some R1S images too! Besides, with the way these paint colors shift based on lighting, no photo will ever capture all the nuances.

My main complaint was no R1S pics, I think the R1S nuances are much more apparent on different colors it would help show the colors off more so than the R1T. I guess eventually lol.

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
If you're choosing a color from a marketing photo either way.. good luck! If I can't see the color in person or in multiple independent videos, I'm not considering it. Huge risk.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
perhaps the Limestone was just a "temporary paint job" for the photo shoot, kinda like this:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Hey @kanundrum , if I send you photos of my exes from High School and College from social media, could you run them through your forensics software and detect anything fake?
I've been told such things aren't fake, they're just not natural.