First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Hi folks, just got a ChargePoint Home Flex charger for home to upgrade the tesla mobile charger i've been using at home for the last 9 years to something that can put out the full 40A since the Rivian is power hungry. After configuring my ChargePoint account I saw this in their UI:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Den Prod on ChargePoint Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 8.49.35 PM

I don't have the Rivian on my ChargePoint account and I've never charged the Rivian via ChargePoint. Does the RAN network use ChargePoint underneath it or did they somehow charge my car during build using ChargePoint? Any ideas what this is about?

I got the smart charger as here in MA there's no real TOU metering but National Grid does provide an incentive if you charge off hours and they can monitor it. They support Tesla and smart chargers. They claim they support Rivian but it didnt work and I wanted more power anyway.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Did you install the Rivian smartphone app and link your ChargePoint account?

Rivian app, User icon (bottom right), Manage account, Charging account

OP
OP
the_mace

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Did you install the Rivian smartphone app and link your ChargePoint account?

Rivian app, User icon (bottom right), Manage account, Charging account
Ah, Doh yes, I did that before I got the truck. Wasnt sure what it meant though. What does it mean to connect that?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Ah, Doh yes, I did that before I got the truck. Wasnt sure what it meant though. What does it mean to connect that?
I think you can navigate to ChargePoint chargers and authorize payment via the Rivian app. I've never done it. I have been unable to get any ChargePoint public charger to work, so I've given up trying them and pretend they don't exist.

OP
OP
the_mace

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
I think you can navigate to ChargePoint chargers and authorize payment via the Rivian app. I've never done it. I have been unable to get any ChargePoint public charger to work, so I've given up trying them and pretend they don't exist.
Hmm ok. I've used many ChargePoint chargers with my Tesla and they've all worked.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Sponsored

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
What he said, plus level 2 chargepoint charging is free, I have confirmed this.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
FWIW I used a ChargePoint charger in Birmingham, AL a few days ago. Only one of the two 50kw stalls worked, but that one connected immediately and worked as expected. Overpriced at $.49/kwh
Sponsored