E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
... Nice to see more FL references ...
Because, Lord Knows, Rivian will likely hit Florida last, despite this being their inception state

(YEAH, I'm BITTER ABOUT THIS!! ?)
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

indian river.
indIAN RIVer. Rivian
INDian rivER. Inder
?

Nice to see more FL references from the Florida Man.
Let's be thankful someone didn't grow up in Florida near Washington Park, Kensington Park, or Charleston Park.

Had any of those names been converted the way Indian River was, Dolly might be suing the company for trademark infringement over the design of those headlights.

Don't even think about the PR nightmare that would've erupted had either Jupiter Farms or Horseshoe Beach been someone's magical childhood memory.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Let's be thankful someone didn't grow up in Florida near Washington Park, Kensington Park, or Charleston Park.

Had any of those names been converted the way Indian River was, Dolly might be suing the company for trademark infringement over the design of those headlights.

Don't even think about the PR nightmare that would've erupted had either Jupiter Farms or Horseshoe Beach been someone's magical childhood memory.
It’s first syllable, last TWO syllables. Those would be: Parkington, Parkington, Parleston, Farmiter, and Beachorseshoe. ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It’s first syllable, last TWO syllables. Those would be: Parkington, Parkington, Parleston, Farmiter, and Beachorseshoe. ?
That would make it "Inriver".

Actually, it's the first three letters of the second word followed by last three letters of the first word. Hence, Indian River becomes Rivian. At least that's how I remember the founder of Rivian explaining it. Wordplay, Jumble, and Scrambles can be so much fun!

Don't make me spell those others out. ?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian "INDER" - Trademark Details redirect-1016

Last edited:

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Actually, it's the first three letters of the second word followed by last three letters of the first word. Hence, Indian River becomes Rivian. At least that's how I remember the founder of Rivian explaining it. Wordplay, Jumble, and Scrambles can be so much fun!

redirect-1016.jpg
Dyslexics of the world…UNTIE!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Dyslexics of the world…UNTIE!
That reminds me of the dyslexic atheist who wandered the Earth decrying "There is no Dog, there is no Dog!"

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That reminds me of the dyslexic atheist who wandered the Earth decrying "There is no Dog, there is no Dog!"
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who suffered from insomnia? They laid awake at night wondering if there is a dog

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

redirect-1016.jpg
I meant first syllable of the 2nd word (RIV-er), last 2 syllables of the 1st word (ind-i-an), but I can't argue against 3 letters vs. syllables. I hadn't heard that specific reference, so I just picked out my own pattern, which was apparently not correct.

And don't worry, I won't make you spell anything out!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I meant first syllable of the 2nd word (RIV-er), last 2 syllables of the 1st word (ind-i-an), but I can't argue against 3 letters vs. syllables. I hadn't heard that specific reference, so I just picked out my own pattern, which was apparently not correct.

And don't worry, I won't make you spell anything out!
No problem. Oddly enough, insomnia struck last night, and I started reading about Florida. When I caught mention of the Indian River, it triggered my self-diagnosed OCD. Knowing the story of the connection to Rivian, I wondered about how rearranging the names of other locales would have impacted the company name. I'm just glad Jupiter Farms didn't trigger fond memories for anyone. That same naming convention would have resulted in trouble. Well, maybe not for a gas-powered truck.

I'm still sleepy....... ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

... bump?

We've been looking at boats lately, and I'm disappointed at the lack of electric options for a pontoon or even a basic fishing boat with more than 9HP. Are you listening, @rj_scaringe ?
Sponsored