Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Saw this was posted. Hadn't heard anything about this before and haven't seen anyone mention it either.

Have to take delivery on or before September 30th.

https://rivian.com/support/article/what-is-a-preorder-price-voucher

Anyone have Rivian reach out about this? I cancelled my 3rd protected order a long time ago when the capacity of the max pack was reduced.

What is a preorder price voucher?
We’re simplifying our pricing by moving all customers to today’s pricing, then providing pricing vouchers to our remaining preorder holders to honor their pricing benefits. We’re also launching leasing for preorder holders in eligible locations.*

Who is eligible?
  • Pre-March 1, 2022 preorder holders can choose between using a preorder price voucher or the preorder lease promotion (if in leasing-eligible location).
  • March 1–May 25, 2022 preorder holders will receive a preorder pricing voucher.
How does the voucher work?

We’ve calculated the average difference between preorder holder pricing and today’s pricing, and are offering a percentage discount to match those savings when you select a vehicle in R1 Shop.

The voucher is redeemable in R1 Shop, and voucher values are automatically applied when purchasing a vehicle.

How does the leasing promotion work?

Pre-March 1, 2022 preorder holders will see a preorder leasing promotion applied when leasing a vehicle selected through R1 Shop (when in a leasing-eligible location).

Do the preorder price vouchers and leasing promotion expire?

Yes, you must take delivery of a Rivian vehicle on or before September 30 to use the voucher or leasing promotion.

Can I apply both the preorder pricing voucher and the leasing promotion to the same vehicle order?

No, you will apply one or the other based on whether you’re purchasing or leasing the vehicle.

• If you purchase a vehicle, the voucher will be applied.
  • If you lease a vehicle, the leasing promotion will be applied.
These offers may not be combined with other offers and incentives unless otherwise permitted by Rivian.

*Currently, Rivian offers leasing on select R1T and R1S configurations in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Illinois
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Nevada
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Vermont
  • Washington
Rivian will expand leasing to additional markets over time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
Interesting. Leasing is also an option with at pre-order pricing? Not sure if “leasing for preorder holders” means special pricing

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Interesting. Leasing is also an option with at pre-order pricing? Not sure if “leasing for preorder holders” means special pricing
It probably doesn't have nearly as much value as the voucher for buying outright, but I'm interested to know as well.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
So those with early pricing are limited to the R1 Shop availability if they want the discount? ☹

EDIT: Just logged in, yeah. No more way to configure. That's super lame. I've been watching the shop for a long time and at least in the Vancouver BC location, selection has been limited. The discount is fair (29% for me), and this strategy makes WAY more sense than having to maintain all the old and new pricing in their system, but why no configuration anymore??

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I'm honestly surprised they didn't do this sooner.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I'm honestly surprised they didn't do this sooner.
Agreed. Shit or get off the pot time. Rivian needs to become profitable.

Nice find @Dark-Fx

I do wonder if this means they'll start delivering anywhere - regardless of service center proximity - and just figure out potential service issues.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The discount is fair (29% for me), and this strategy makes WAY more sense than having to maintain all the old and new pricing in their system, but why no configuration anymore??
Maybe this means they are done producing Launch Edition vehicles?

Scrambler

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Launch Green R1S, 2023 MINI Cooper SE
I think RJ hinted at this during the last earnings call. He said the order backlog "will continue to exist through the remainder of this year."

I do wonder if this means they'll start delivering anywhere - regardless of service center proximity - and just figure out potential service issues.
I think this is where they are now. I'm in one of the areas they weren't delivering to, and I got an email last month saying: We’ve been working hard to build out our nationwide network of Rivian Service Centers so that you can take delivery now and we can provide you with the ownership experience you deserve. Due to the distance between you and the nearest Service Center, it’s important to read through the terms and conditions of service before you confirm your order.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I'm happy to see Rivian taking these steps to move closer to profitability. They are doing it in a fair and equitable way. I like how shrink put it.... S*** or get off the pot 😂

I also like that they are offering the discount on lease's as well. They're trying to clear all these old reservations off their books. It's been 2 years now. Time to s*** or get off the pot 💥

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
The 29% posted above is quite a big discount, though that is in Canadian percentage which everyone know is 1.4x US percentage...

Were pre-March 1 order holders offered a discount on Dual Motor vehicles before? I haven't really been paying attention to that. If not this could be a perk to the new voucher program.

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Were pre-March 1 order holders offered a discount on Dual Motor vehicles before? I haven't really been paying attention to that. If not this could be a perk to the new voucher program.
Indeed, there's now more discount on the dual motor. The cheapest R1T I see in my store page right now is 86k CAD -> 63k USD for a dual motor (non-perf) large pack. That's a screaming deal.

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just checked my acct and the pre order price voucher for orders made pre 3/1/22 is provided with a 20% discount in the US.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Just checked my acct and the pre order price voucher for orders made pre 3/1/22 is provided with a 20% discount in the US.
Still works out pretty good, an equivalent truck would be approx. $4k less than I paid 2 years ago.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
March 1–May 25, 2022 preorder holders will receive a preorder pricing voucher.
This is where I fall, and they're giving me a 3% discount. That's slightly more discount ($2k) than I was getting straight up. This'll be nice if I choose to go with a DM variant.

I suspect they're doing this because they're preparing to stop making the Bosch QM anymore. AND it unlocks people to consider their DM options. I can hardly wait to find out what they're up to with their April shutdown!

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
From my email:
Custom Configurations
Until later this summer, we will not be fulfilling custom configurations while we prepare for some retooling and improvements at our plant. During this time, we are temporarily pausing access to the configurator and you will not be able to place custom orders. We’ve made sure all our most popular configurations are available in R1 Shop and able to deliver in 1-4 weeks.

Hmm, so does that mean that we'll still be able to place custom orders AND get a discount? Interesting this wording is saying "later this summer"...is that before or after Sept 30th? Rivian isn't too great on timelines and seasons 🤣
Sponsored