BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I almost suspect they'll design it so that it can fit either the R1S or the R1T bed with only minimal modifications between the two.

The gear tunnel design was way cooler, but I put on my corporate finance hat and get a very compelling argument for simplified manufacturing and likely a lower price point. Particularly since they expect ~70% of future orders will be R1S.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I almost suspect they'll design it so that it can fit either the R1S or the R1T bed with only minimal modifications between the two.

The gear tunnel design was way cooler, but I put on my corporate finance hat and get a very compelling argument for simplified manufacturing and likely a lower price point. Particularly since they expect ~70% of future orders will be R1S.
makes sense. if they can reduce to one design to save on costs and they can actually get out the door, that's what i'm rooting for.

Sponsored

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
If they are close to the R1T CK, I think it was in the 5-7K range, itll be interesting to see if they really sell many or its just sort of a unique accessory that gets some attention for the vehicle. Obviously it would be custom fit and use power instead of gas but Im sure something like this could be retrofited for electric stovetop CV Kit | Nomad Kitchen Co for quite a bit cheaper

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Honestly, two buckets and an induction burner will be waaay cheaper

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Feels like someone asked what time is was 12 months ago, and today’s response is how to build a watch.

I kid, I kid. Sorta.

Rivian should recruit Kanundrum for Chief Comms Officer. Not kidding.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Feels like someone asked what time is was 12 months ago, and today’s response is how to build a watch.

I kid, I kid. Sorta.

Rivian should recruit Kanundrum for Chief Comms Officer. Not kidding.

I'm merely a vessel, most of the time bourbon or peanut butter filled.

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Honestly, two buckets and an induction burner will be waaay cheaper
I like cool expensive gadgets, and have certainly spent money on many things I don't need, and I am grateful to have reasonable disposable income to do so. But as cool as I see this being, I can't get around the exorbitant cost to convenience ratio here (and for the similarly cool Thunderbolt camp kitchen). To each there own, maybe if I was using it 100 days a year that ratio would come out differently.

That said, I don't think I ever want to cook out of the back of my R1S; that food smell is going right into the vehicle, no thanks.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
So, another new thing Rivian wants to introduce that will be an excuse for delays and eventually be cancelled.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rivian has already botched the good will everyone had towards to gear tunnel based camp kitchen. Now we have an aftermarket option that is MUCH better and more affordable. There are already several SUV based kitchens available out there. I think their attention is best put somewhere else

agentfive

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Is this just a giant slide in box like thing? Storage etc? It looks like the Nomad kitchen mentioned? Also - agree on the two buckets and an induction burner.

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
is this more for R2 than R1S? is there access on the side? it looks alot like the R1T patent for the pull down table?
Sponsored