Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

So...has anyone had a comprehensive inspection, yet? Has anyone (with >=22,500 miles on their vehicle) even inquired or been reached out to by Rivian Service?
Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I wonder if tire rotation will be a mobile service call?
I had them do a 5 tire rotation and mobile request. They said that 4 tire needs to be done at SC. YMMV

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
How much is the comprehensive deductible on your insurance? Better lower that before you book it!
This did make me just think....so how does this work at those service centers that are backed up? Do you schedule the inspection service out a couple of months, then drop it off day of your appointment (assume no loaners or rental/uber credit....since it is maintenance and not warranty), have it get it que for a few weeks, then have them pull it in to do the inspection? Then go back and pick it up 2-4 weeks later?

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This did make me just think....so how does this work at those service centers that are backed up? Do you schedule the inspection service out a couple of months, then drop it off day of your appointment (assume no loaners or rental/uber credit....since it is maintenance and not warranty), have it get it que for a few weeks, then have them pull it in to do the inspection? Then go back and pick it up 2-4 weeks later?
My comprehensive insurance quip was a joke btw, hope people caught the hidden /s.

Probably like any other service, book it and wait your turn. Wait times should be slowly trending downward, and non-emergency scheduled service shouldn't take 2 weeks, unless they find something during it and don't recommend driving.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My comprehensive insurance quip was a joke btw, hope people caught the hidden /s.

Probably like any other service, book it and wait your turn. Wait times should be slowly trending downward, and non-emergency scheduled service shouldn't take 2 weeks, unless they find something during it and don't recommend driving.
I get it....my last trip to service it sat for over a week in the corner of an outdoor lot.....just to get a call they hadnt contacted any body shops yet and those were all booked out a month. So I could either come get it or it could sit there for another 4 weeks to get into a body shop. I went and got it and it hasn't been back.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I get it....my last trip to service it sat for over a week in the corner of an outdoor lot.....just to get a call they hadnt contacted any body shops yet and those were all booked out a month. So I could either come get it or it could sit there for another 4 weeks to get into a body shop. I went and got it and it hasn't been back.
That's unfortunate, why did it even go to them if it required body shop work?

There's a lot of services going on at SC that can be accomplished elsewhere like body work, most tire/wheel related things, and glass SHOULD be elsewhere. These unnecessary services are backing up SCs, and I think it's a money-grab. If they weren't backed up, my stock shares fully approve. As an owner, it's frustrating.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
That's unfortunate, why did it even go to them if it required body shop work?

There's a lot of services going on at SC that can be accomplished elsewhere like body work, most tire/wheel related things, and glass SHOULD be elsewhere. These unnecessary services are backing up SCs, and I think it's a money-grab. If they weren't backed up, my stock shares fully approve. As an owner, it's frustrating.
Because their new vehicle prep burned thru the clearcoat. I decided to live with for now. I sent pictures. They knew what it needed....which was a body shop, but chose to deal with it after they looked at it in person and not schedule ahead of time.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Because their new vehicle prep burned thru the clearcoat. I decided to live with for now. I sent pictures. They knew what it needed....which was a body shop, but chose to deal with it after they looked at it in person and not schedule ahead of time.
That sucks, the SC lead should take responsibility and ensure you get taken care of timely. But back to thread topic, it's not routine and shouldn't be compared to routine maintenance. Like I said earlier, routine shouldn't take more than the allotted time unless they find something.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
That sucks, the SC lead should take responsibility and ensure you get taken care of timely. But back to thread topic, it's not routine and shouldn't be compared to routine maintenance. Like I said earlier, routine shouldn't take more than the allotted time unless they find something.
I agree. Maybe I can make a day trip of it as long as they will schedule and then actually bring truck and do work while I wait.

maddave12

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Selfless supporter of the economy
Clubs

maddave12

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Selfless supporter of the economy
Clubs

I'm leery of this one. It would upset my truck's newly established ecology.