First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I've had nothing but good experiences on the 3 R1's that I've purchased. Sorry to hear that not everyone is having positive things to say.
I, too, have had good experiences with mobile and one barely acceptable in center visit...although I am accumulating a list of issues to have to journey to a service center for.

Curious since you have 3 of them and they have had all good service center experiences (not sure 3 of 3 should need service center visits this early in their lives)....what are the issues each needed a service center visit to rectify?
Sponsored

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeah seems it’s all about the people who work there and their work ethic. I’ve noticed a lot of these urban cities seem to have it the worst. But then again I have the same issues with BMW and Mercedes their service is trash in Miami also.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Well, not everyone says that Rivian service is bad. It hasn't been for me.

Maybe it just seems everyone says it's bad because people are much more likely to complain about an issue and post that they had a positive experience?

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Super happy with the Sacramento center. Incredible folks and super warm and welcoming. 10/10 would recommend.

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Next appointment is two months out. Hard to recommend Rivian to anyone that has the flexibility to hold out a few months for the EX90.
We had the Volve XC40 - Recharge. It was the worse piece of crap we ever owned. Within 1 month we got the SOS error and the dealer came and picked it up and replaced the tCAM. Exactly 1 month after that repair I was at work and when I went to unplug the vehicle it was dead. Hadn't charged, no alert. Playing phone tag with 2 dealers they said to bring it in. So, I had to drive 1-1/2 hours to the dealer (while the SOS beep was beeping) and they had to replace the tCAM yet again.

In the 10 months we owned it (sold it back to the dealer a month before we got our R1T), my wife didn't drive it 1 mile after the last repair....she said she didn't feel safe in it.

While the service center was efficient, the product was horrible and for that reason, we will never own a Volvo or a Polestar.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Super happy with the Sacramento center. Incredible folks and super warm and welcoming. 10/10 would recommend.
Sacramento should be the poster child for what a service center should be like. Amazing service friendly guides.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I’ve had mine 20 months.

2 recall visits - quick and flawless.

1 warranty 12V replacement - quick and flawless.

2 “my fault” fixes - quick and flawless.

Better than my experience with my Ford dealer for my Mach-E, on par with my experience with my BMW dealer for my i3, way way better than my experience with my local Tesla service center.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Well, not everyone says that Rivian service is bad. It hasn't been for me.

Maybe it just seems everyone says it's bad because people are much more likely to complain about an issue and post that they had a positive experience?
I am curious what have they all fixed on your vehicle?

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Sacramento should be the poster child for what a service center should be like. Amazing service friendly guides.
What has all been corrected on your Rivian by the service center?

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

What has all been corrected on your Rivian by the service center?
We picked out R1T up in May of 2023. After about a month the "Headlight System" error message popped up. Our headlights wouldn't work at night (not that we drove it at night since we are at home a lot) and the Rivian "bat signal" that gets projected onto the ground wasn't working.

We took it to the West Sacramento Service Center and after 4 days they called us and said it was good to go and that all it needed was a software update.

As we were driving home, the message popped up again. So, my wife called and talked with the manager. They arranged to drive to our house (about 50 miles from the service center) and give us a loaner R1T. After a week the manager (Ryan) called and talked with my wife and told her that he was almost ready to tell us to come pick it up but he had decided to test-drive it for a bit. He told my wife that he barely got out of the parking lot before the message popped up. So he arranged a "super tech" to come in from another service center to look at it. Well, after a week they were still getting the message and my wife was starting to get mad because of the horrible experience with the Volvo XC40 Recharge we had before the R1T.

The manager called us again and said they were flying in the engineer from the Normal Illinois plant to look at it. After a few days he couldn't figure it out so they decided to get a camera scope and run it through the panels, sure enough, they found the issue. It was some sort of connection that was shorting out. They replaced it and we have had ZERO issues with that.

We hadn't even made our first car payment so Rivian made the first one for us (well, we made it and Rivian reimbursed us).

Last month on the way to work I got the 12v battery "bad" issue. I called the online tech (mind you, it was 3:30 am, and a person answered). We did the soft reset and a hard reset and it did NOT clear the issue. While I was charging at work he told me to put the truck to sleep and not use the app at all. I went out to move my truck after 8 hours and while it charged, it still had the battery issue. Called service again and they made an appointment for mobile tech to come out to the house and 3 days later, the tech (Kevin) showed up, replaced the 12v battery, filled the tires, put more windshield wiper fluid in and did some more inspections and went on his way.

I mentioned that the spring clip on the tonneau cover broke (100% my fault) and the wind noise from the windows was a little loud. He said to put in a service request so I did thinking I would have to drop it off at the service center.....nope, it was a mobile appointment. He came out last Thursday, replaced the 1 panel in the tonneau cover and fived the windows.

I know it was a long read, but Rivian to me is top-notch in their service.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I've had a non-disabling, non-safety-related issue with adaptive cruise control since delivery day.

The Service call center, and the Portland Service Center, have been solicitous, proactive, and helpful throughout this time. I don't know why, but the problem seems to be resolving itself. Moisture somewhere in the system, maybe?

We'd all like to see high levels of service more consistently, but when Rivian is good it is VERY VERY GOOD.

Most Rivian employees want to do the right thing for each customer. When the bureaucracy gets in the way, or when you get an employee whose performance doesn't seem right, keep pushing the organization for what you think is reasonable and fair.

Best to all!

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

Hard to recommend Rivian to anyone that has the flexibility to hold out a few months for the EX90.
Just wanted to say, and this doesn't help your particular situation, but FWIW my experiences with the service center out of Olathe have been great. Apart from it being 3 hours from my house, they've done a great job of handling most issues via mobile service. I've had to take it there twice in two years and they fixed everything same-day and made sure I had a loaner. It does take a couple weeks to get an appointment.
Sponsored